Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Imaginary Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's an imaginary guy that looks like he could make for a nice shortstop in the future. Use the Free Agents tab to locate him to put in your claim. He's only 16 so you can limit it to players under 17 since there aren't many that young and look for him, Oscar Zaragoza, on the list.

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 2:14:05 pm PST
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, call me completely confused.

1. How did you find him? He shows as a high school junior.

2. If he is a HS junior, he shouldn't be able to be claimed yet. In fact, when I search for him in the free agent search, he doesn't come up. But you make it sound like you were able to put a claim on him?

Me=baffled.
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I could see this player by clicking on the link. However I could not find him by searching for 16 to 17 year olds.

Since this is named the Imaginary Prayers thread then maybe we need to realize or some how accept that this is in reality imaginary and somehow make believe?

So I'm wondering how this high school player can be found other than clicking the link? It isn't pointing to an off site location so it can't be a photo shopped picture.

Inquiring minds want to know about this Imaginary high school Player. lol

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 4:29:54 pm PST

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 4:30:39 pm PST
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got him when I set bits in all three fields; FA and waivers and undercontract.
I searched 16 age.
I assume this may be related to Draft changes?????
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect it is something that may have been revealed by accident then quickly taken down.

However, there is clearly something afoot. I'm sure it is related to the new Amateur/Undrafted feature on each players page.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Some other suspicious characters

Deon Greenwell

http://brokenbat.org/player/196957

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 5:30:52 pm PST
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I got him when I set bits in all three fields; FA and waivers and undercontract.

I couldn't get him until I did above. Previously I only did FA & waivers. He isn't really under contract like we know it. If you bookmark, he will be listed as "Not Initalized". This must be the Amateur/Undrafted change. i am curious to hear from Steve all about it.

Updated Saturday, March 9 2019 @ 6:30:55 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I stumbled across them because I like noting the last player of each draft. Those guys intrigued me.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 A bit of research (mostly involving brute-forcing URLs) shows that there’s a whole collection of these guys from Player IDs #196915 through #196979. At a guess, he’s borrowing a page from Hardwood, where the players have careers after their college days — this looks to be sort of turning it the other way around. It’s almost certain to be related to future draft changes. I have to echo Mike’s sentiment: I’m intrigued!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I generated a handful of players to start exercising new prospect code (which is still under development). Anyhow, this player should (depending on my coding skills) start to play in a few high school games and have stats. And at the end of the year, he will move up to a high school senior with a bit more training and experience.

Eventually, a pool of these types of players will replace when current draft options. But I wanted to start exercising the code on the server to make sure it works.

Steve
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, we will have actual stats to look at when drafting? Count me in!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, players will have statistics from high school, junior college and college depending on age if they are from North America. Others prospects will have statistics from Latin, Asian or International leagues -- separate competitions since age ranges for Latin American players are different than other prospect types.

Steve
wick

Bayonne Bleeders
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
This could be interesting and cool. Looking forward to seeing it!
wick

Bayonne Bleeders
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
This could be interesting and cool. Looking forward to seeing it!
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Will we know more? Steve. Knew features?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, a lot is still under development.

The idea is to have a richer amount of information for draftees. Also, to eventually give people somewhat more control of the drafting process -- without forcing people to comb through the either draft field.

But for this season, there is no change.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
High School Phenom: Mario Grove

Steve
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Eventually, a pool of these types of players will replace when current draft options.

Does this mean that eventually, when we select our pool we want to draft from that we will get a group of 10 players to choose from but now we will be able to sort through them and look at stats before making our choice?
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like how this looks! Should be interesting to see it play out :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Great. Now I will be able to pick the "best" Above Average talent guy in my 1st round draft pool... Hopefully this will be coming with other changes as well, because right now there isn't really any choice in our draft pools anyhow. In the first round I either pick the one "Good Potential" guy I was lucky enough to draw, or one of the "Above Average" guys who then gets cut right away. Don't see high school stats having any impact what-so-ever in those choices.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
High school stats gain value as your slate becomes more uniform.

We don't know how this will roll out. There seem to be hints that the selection process will be broader in scope.

Should maybe reserve judgement until we know more.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
When it rolls out really depends on how fast I can implement and test everything. I am hoping to switch over to the "new" prospects next season. Maybe some prospect draft options doesn't happen until a follow next....just not sure yet.

Steve
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing what this change brings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like I said, if it comes with other changes that is great. But if we still get screwed over with slabs full of "above average" players in the first three rounds of the draft, then really nothing has changed.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Confused...should not the earlier rounds have better players?

Steve
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 They should. The complaint is that it’s all too common for them not to.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
The early rounds in aggregate are almost certainly more talented than the later rounds. I vaguely recall Mike doing some research about that and averaging drafted SI and it did show a gradual decline.

However, obviously individual teams can have different experiences in the draft.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Things have changed a bit to much for this player to be visible still.

Steve

Previous Page | Show Page |