Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Rookie Status / Player Classifications   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I always found it weird that players went straight from "Rookie" to "Veteran" as soon as they lost eligibility... even if they're only in the 2nd year, they can be considered a Veteran... but that's how most sports do it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...these classifications don't really have much meaning (other than Rookie). If you can think of a better name than "Professional", I'd consider alternate wording.

Steve
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So if a player is now listed as a Rookie, then he is still technically eligible to win the Rookie of the Year award.

Just to be clear, if a player was considered a rookie after season flip on "old" rules, and now changed to professional, he will not be eligible for the award?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Just to be clear, if a player was considered a rookie after season flip on "old" rules, and now changed to professional, he will not be eligible for the award?

Right...if he's listed as a Professional this season, he can't win Rookie of the Year this season. He probably already has more at bats or innings pitched or time in the big leagues.

Steve
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He does indeed. Shame, cause he would be a big favorite to win.

Even though it hurts my ego, I like the change, makes the game more realistic.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. Adds to the sense of players progressing through their careers.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Right...if he's listed as a Professional this season, he can't win Rookie of the Year this season. He probably already has more at bats or innings pitched or time in the big leagues.

Too bad for Burks for me. He has 4 major league at bats and is already a professional. He's been tearing it up this spring, but is far too experienced to qualify as a rookie.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice!

And I think Profession is a pretty good term for a major league player.

Just for fun. It might be fun to think about what the requirements would be for a Journeyman tag :)

I suppose anybody 25+ who still qualifies as a rookie? So maybe not so interesting other than narrative...

I'm assuming there isn't an age limit for winning rookie of the year?

Updated Saturday, February 6 2016 @ 9:09:19 am PST
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm assuming there isn't an age limit for winning rookie of the year?

There is no age limit...correct.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |