Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Guerrilla Marketing Idea   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
With spring training in high gear and the new baseball season just around the corner, I thought it might be fun to try a little bit different type of promotion. I know we have a bunch of users that are in college, thought they might have some interest in posting a few of these flyers around the campus. I remember when I was at UCLA, they had a bunch of these community boards with flyers and these tabs you could pull off.

Also, even the local shopping center near me has a similar community board, so even if you’re not in college you could participate.

Promotional Flyer

Anyway, since Broken Bat is entirely free and doesn't rely on new users as a source of income, this is really just an exercise to see if we can bring in a few more people. It’s completely voluntary, so don’t feel like you have to participate or break any rules about posting flyers.

Steve

Updated Thursday, March 17 2016 @ 12:00:46 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I put a few of these around town at community boards at local shopping centers & coffee shops, we'll see if it yields any new players.

Feel free to give it a try yourself.

Thanks,

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I finished grad school last May, otherwise I would put them up around campus. Really don't know where I'd hang them in DC, I'd probably get arrested as a suspected terrorist trying to hang it in many of the public places here. :)

Then again, that may just be my pessimism. It doesn't help that I don't drink coffee, and therefore don't go to coffee shops though since I'd imagine that would be a good place.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another idea.

I live in Michigan and they are a few gaming centers where people play games on computers, you could try placing the flyers there.

Not sure if any other states have them, or if they're common. I would think so...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I put them up on a few community boards in shopping centers had and also in a couple of coffee houses. I noticed that a few of the tabs had been taken. But I haven't see any registrations where people listed the flyer option as the place they heard about Broken Bat.

I'm really not sure how effective this will be. But if we put a few out there and get a huge response, then maybe it worth exploring further. If we can't track any newcomers to the flyers, then its probably not viable.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We should just contact our local colleges and high school baseball coaches
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Apparently the ones I put up around the shopping mall got taken down. The coffee house have had a few tabs taken.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |