Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> The McElroy Era Begins in Deadwood   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The Deadwood Pioneers are excited to announce that Daniel "The Cannon" McElroy has been called up to the big club and will be making his major league debut Sat Dec 9th @ 2:00 pm against Arcadia.

McElroy has long been a coveted prospect due to his abilities behind the plate as a catcher and his elite rated arm strength. Hit bat has been improving during his time in the minor leagues, and management feels he is ready to join the big club and finish his development at the major league level.

McElroy will assume all catching duties for the remainder of the season, as Darrin Abbott assumes the backup catcher role.

"We're excited about what McElroy can do for us," said team owner wickersty, "both in our 2034 postseason push and into the future."

Deadwood is currently leading the West in LLVI.16.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
You're doing good there in div6 with young team. Keep up!
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks mot. My last 10-12 games haven’t been very consistent, but with the division all but clinched I benched all my starting pitchers that were too old to develop any more and have been starting and relieving with only young unproven guys that were major league ready but otherwise not being used at he major league level. Trying to get them to gain some SI in this last training update.

But I’m very happy with how this season has turned out. I was fully expected this year to be another losing season while I rebuilt but I’ve had quite a few 23-27 year olds that wound up being ahead of schedule and ready to hit well.

Excited about next year (and for this postseason, which I’ve never experienced!)
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also in the wrong forum.

Previous Page | Show All |