Help

Forum >> Help >> Can I promote?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Following relegation last season, does my team look good enough to promote this season?

I know my pitching is weak but finding pitchers on waivers/FA is very difficult.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Way to early to ask that we are still in spring training mode.
Your answer is simple win division to promote.
If you like come all star break ask this again.
Then we will all have a look at how your team is doing compared to other 5 in division with you.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can someone have a look at my team and give me some advice on positions that need improving please.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Huntington Beach was the runner up in your division last season. I didn't do an exhaustive comparison of your teams. They have some good players. Think it will be competitive. If your goal is to promote this season, you might consider a 4 man pitching rotation early on.

The most immediate area for improvement is corner OF. The 5 range in RF is.a significant gimping. I haven't been watching that part of the waiver market. Not sure about availability. Would keep your eye out for a decent bat with 13 or more range to play out there.

Couple quick thoughts:
- you did a good job transitioning Bauta to the OF. He looks really good out there.
- it makes me sad you aren't Dinos anymore. :). (jK, Pandas is cool).
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Seca.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Lets start from the top-

Catcher- It would be preferable if a catcher has an arm of 15 or more.

Your catchers have alright arms, but it can hurt you if you have teams that have base stealers. I like that your catchers can hit. Overall, your catchers are fine.

1B- 1Bs are usually left-handed and they don't need much fielding.

Your first basemen are good in that category. They can hit and that's really good. Darius Wade has speed, so I think that's a bonus. Overall, you're good at 1B.

2B- Second basemen need fielding and range.

Your second basemen are good in that category. They can hit, too. I think that's a huge bonus because it's kind of hard to find a second baseman that can hit. Overall, you're good at 2B.

3B- Third basemen need fielding, range, and an arm.

Brent Clemons has good fielding. His range and arm are kind of low for 3B. I think you're fine as long as your other defenders pick up the slack. I got away with Alan Beck having only 11 arm and doing well as a fielder, but he had 16 range.

SS- Shortstops need fielding, range, and arm.

Vince Pope has all that and he can hit. That's a nice bonus. Eddie Glover can't play SS because he will make mistakes that may cost you the game. His range and arm are too low for SS. I think he could make a nice DH.

OF- Outfielder's need range and arm. As Seca said, left field needs lots of range. Center field needs a lot of range and arm. Right field needs lots of arm.

Robert Reese is more of a back-up RF because his arm is kind of low for RF.

Ken Bates can do alright at CF. He has adequate range and arm.

Floyd Kelly can be a back-up LF because his range is kind of low.

Friedman and Moran are back-up LF's because their range and arm are too low for CF and RF. LF would seem better for them.

I suggest keeping pitchers with control of 10 or more because control cuts down on walks. As Seca, said, you should go with a 4-man rotation. I found it to be quite effective and I used it during interleague, and I managed to use a starter twice in a series.

Good luck this year and keep an eye out for good players that you think can have an impact on your team.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i would say keep the finances in mind. for example
u have two very similar catchers, righties, mediocre arm, one gets $ 1,50 M another gets 0,50M... why not to kick out the greedy one.
i think your pitching looks ok.
defence looks ok.
offense looks vulnerable becouse lack of getting runners to scoring position: no power, no speed...
Good luck with the season! I will follow you, it will be nice to see if we predicted right!
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for that. Great help

Pig - I have Bauta at CF
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To answer your initial question: not if I can help it xP

but in all seriousness, I doubt I could do anything to stop you (my team has too many holes still)

Huntington Beach is going to be the real problem. They slapped me silly all last season long, and I would expect them to continue to stay strong. Tyler could potentially be difficult as well.

Updated Monday, February 8 2016 @ 4:17:08 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |