Help

Forum >> Help >> Newbie roster help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey everyone, I've just joined and gone through the Newbie checklist and read the game rules. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my roster.

If you could help me I'd be really thankful.

Lucky I joined right in the middle of spring training.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have a decent team, just some minor adjustment and you will have a team that could be in V or IV.

If you use my approach, it will take a longer time. I only go for drafts, and very young, to develop players through my farm. Yet, I have some minor signings, just to fill some holes.

Then there's another's approach, signing in the waiver and FA market.

Your 11's Potential players you need to replace with higher potential ones. Those that are 11 or lower in your minors won't develop so well, but there's a pitcher there in AAA, that could help in your bullpen until you find a good replacement for your older pitchers.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to the game.

As far as your ML team I'd play Zavala at 3B rather than 2B. It'll hurt at first but in a season or two it'll be worth it.

I'd also try to get Romo playing time at C as you're weak there as well. You also really need to find a SS. A guy with 42 total D-Skills would be nice, I'd try to find one on the market. Even if he's the worst bat ever use him as a Defensive sub late in close games.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Wise needs every AB you can get him, he'll be a stud but not at catcher with that arm - play him at 2B if you're comfortable, or LF if you don't want to lose too much defense.

Romo or Zavala have perfect builds for catchers

Someone like Delgadillo would be an immediate upgrade as your every day SS if you want someone cheap who will get better, or Carson as a very solid veteran guy

Otherwise it looks like you've inherited a very good team which you'll be able to put your own spin on pretty quickly!

Updated Saturday, February 6 2016 @ 4:17:03 pm PST
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'Ve reset my lineups and taken the advice to heart. looking forward to seeing how the season will go.

Previous Page | Show All |