Help

Forum >> Help >> Which one would you cut?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that i have full roster, i have to make room for next week draft and it's always an hard choice, so i'd like some advice.

Major league roster:

Gill
Pratt

they're both SS/CF bench players, Gill is more offense, Pratt more defence.

minor league roster:
Rossi 22 and still in A, plus he doesn't gain.
Jesus
last draft pick, should have low BC and PD but can be a decent Catcher.

If you guys find someone in my roster who you would cut, say it without problems :)
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would cut Pratt, seeing that you've got Palacios at shortstop and although Gill lacks fielding skill, he has enough fielding to be a decent outfielder IMO (plus he has higher range than Pratt, which should weigh pretty heavily for a center fielder)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What's more redundant? If you're in need of the SS position, ditch Gill because he won't be a good SS. If you don't and OF is more valuable, ditch Pratt since Gill will be more useful as a OF than Pratt.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
i don't know, they they both should have nothing more than 50-70 AB a season, when starting SS and CF are injured.

i think that Gill could play SS for a few games, but Pratt is the only real SS i have other than my starter.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The big problem with Gill (in my mind) is all those lower case positions. If he is just injury back-up, that situation isn't likely to improve.

Other than that, he's younger and (obviously) a better offensive player. If he did have upper case position knowledge, I don't think he would be that far behind Pratt defensively (especially in limited playing time).

If it was me, I'd keep Gill and try to build up his position knowledge in the cup. Be warned that the Dinos are likely to kick the tires on either player should they be given their walking papers. :)

Previous Page | Show All |