Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Training update this Friday.
look at my team
Majors 2B Brett Briggs 26 9 15 11 8 11 16 ↑ 15 ↑ 14 99 ↑
thats the copy the bottom 4 #s are Feilding/Range/Arm/SI the little green Arrows
16Fielding 15Range 14Arm 99SI
yes they can increase.
Just click my team then click my Training

Updated Saturday, February 20 2016 @ 8:35:01 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I would say that young man is a first baseman, period.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No Wuggla. That is just scouting improving. As you have the guy on your team for a while, sometime you will see a skill increase or decrease by a point due to scouting of the player improving. The player skill hasn't changed, just your scouting accuracy. This is what Newtman was alluding to.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I'm necroing a thread. *shrug*

I just had Emilio Navarro "gain" a point of arm. Because I've never seen this before, I searched the forum and found this thread.

Rock and newtman: You guys are essentially saying scouting is improving on a player. Now this is a concept I also wasn't aware of. So there's imperfect scouting in this league? How do we know how far off we are of the stats we see vs. actual? I know scouting score differences are an obvious thing at CSFBL, but I had no clue that scouting was a thing here. Can we improve our scouting or is it merely a product of owning a player for a longer period of time?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, its just time. I think its more about how long the guy is active in BB, rather than specifically on your team. It is pretty rare for a guy to move more than 1 point in either direction, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. I've had SS lose a point in Arm and Range, which hurt a bit, but its all just part of the game.

Players can be off by as much as 20% according to the manual.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 9:28:13 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Rock said. Also, the answer to the only question he didn't answer is that there is no way to improve scouting, it is just something that gets more accurate with time (though the comments will never change, just the skills).
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a guy "gain" a point in Arm today too. I've had infielders lose Arm and gain Range, and vice versa, usually in the worst way. Strangest case was Waters, who "gained" a point of Arm in AAA in 2026, and "lost" it again four weeks into 2027.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is somewhat unexplainable from my understanding of how things work. Its possible that Steve tweaked the scouting algorithm a bit at that time (I remember that did happen at some point a couple seasons ago), or it could be that I just have no clue ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Or maybe the scouts were waffling? I do remember that algorithm tweak though, it played havoc with several of my players.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, and a bunch of guys were recommended for the majors one week, and then recommended to go back to AAA the next week.

I don't think scouts waffle, I think they just start a certain distance away in one direction, and then continually get closer.

Previous Page | Show All |