Help

Forum >> Help >> Salary Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a very specific salary question, if you release a player and then re-sign him, do you still get the "hometown discount" on a player? I have this question because I really didn't want to factor out all of my salaries to determine the answer... Hutchinson was listed as making 4.3 million this season since I cut him in the off season, but on his player page he was listed as making the hometown discount of 3.4 million. Which one was he making 340k or 430k a week? This also gives us an idea of whether it really is a better idea to re-sign a guy we had before if we whiff on every waiver claim in the off-season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a good question. I *believe* that I once saw a player who had been resigned and didn't have the apple. So I *think* the answer is that they lose it. But I'm only about 5% certain. Hopefully Steve can let us know how that works. Or someone who has cut and resigned a homegrown (I've only done that with FAs).
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure they lose the apple, and with it all the connected perks
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have http://brokenbat.org/player/89318 who I cut when I first started playing and re-signed a little later; who has kept the apple. He was a minor leaguer at the time though so his salary would naturally have stayed at 200k.

I think when you release a home-grown major leaguer, their salary jumps* as soon as they hit waivers so the new owner knows what they're in for financially... I don't know for sure but doubt the discount gets reapplied if you claim them back.

Edit: * should say salary jumps if they're worth more than the league minimum... I've also released home-grown major leaguers on 500k who have been picked-up for 500k.

Updated Saturday, February 20 2016 @ 2:38:56 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |