Help

Forum >> Help >> Injury Prone?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Does someone with a +0 injury rating have an actual injury? Are they fine/recovering, and is there any evidence it affects their play? I tend just to throw guys like that back in the lineup, haven't monitored the results myself.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+0 will play. If you look at the Lineup/Rotation page, you won't see an injury indication. This means they're healthy. You'd know they were injured if it showed an injury on Lineup/Rotation as well.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know that (I never sit those guys), I was just curious if it made any difference when they did play.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're either injured or you're not. There's no in-between. A player can't have their performance hindered by an injury that no longer exists, so if a hitter plays, he's playing at 100% as the system currently works.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
we need a more secure method tracking players injuries in a log on their card

I support this 100% regardless of if this hidden trait exists. I also hope we never know for sure :) If the trait doesn't exist and we get injury tracking, then we will still believe it exists, which matches pretty well with reality :)

I also think it would be great to track injuries on the player card.

I don't see the problem with knowing whether or not this variable exists. Obviously, position, use and age all play in, but in the real world we also know if someone is injury prone or not. We may not be able to describe why but we definitely see injury prone players in professional sports. So I don't think it would be a problem to acknowledge if it exists in the game.

At the same time if we could track injuries on the player page we could decide for ourselves, which is how we have come to this conclusion in the real world as well.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mostly I don't want to know about the trait because it might not exist. If Steve says it doesn't exist, then we will all stop believing in the Easter Bunny.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I would like to see this injury log on a player card implemented into the game, looks like a good improvement.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. Me too. But Steve has stated that there are some issue with implementing something like that, so I think we will have to wait a while.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
wait, if someone is injury prone he is usually prone in one specific spot of his body, and does it say what part of his body was injured because to have an injury log you have to have a spot in the body where it was injured and not just numbers, since there is no spot in the body where the injury happened, means that this is unnecessary.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In most sports sims if a player is injury prone it is generally applied randomly. I've not seen many sims that actually keep track of injury proneness for individual body parts.

Also, a "torn rotator cuff" happens in your rotator cuff. A "Pulled groin" happens in your groin. Etc.

If you mouse over the number on the player card you can see what the injury is.

Updated Sunday, March 13 2016 @ 5:55:36 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |