Help

Forum >> Help >> Players learning new positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Received this question via mail and thought I'd post the answer so everyone could benefit from the answer or comment on it if they wish:

just a quick question: is there a specific number of games at a new position that Batters would have to reach before they gain "experience" (meaning a a small position indication is added to their profile)? Do games played at that position in a previous season count towards that limit as well - or is the count reset after each season?

I am just wondering how long it will take my players to finally gain that eligibility...

There aren't really any specifics as to the number of games....it's really very much dependent on the player. Games counted are never "reset"....every game a player plays at a position "counts" towards position experience.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Right, because players both learn positions at different speeds, and because it is better to think of those letters as a scale, as they play more games they get closer to gaining that position experience, but they could be starting out at 0% or they could be starting at 49%, neither would have a small letter, but one would take significantly longer to train than the other.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
To add another?
Is managers Development have anything to do with it?
Meaning if he is Excellent at teaching the game.
Will it make a player learn new positions faster?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I also theorize that some positions take longer to learn than others.

I've seen 1b pop up in as little as 3 updates... but spend nearly 2 full seasons without seeing ss appear.

Granted, not sure how much of this is because guy 1 started very close to 1b already and guy 2 had 0 in SS to begin with... still, I tend to see 1B gains quicker on average than MI gains.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen a ss pop in 5 updates, it happened with Pierce. On the other hand I've seen 1b take two seasons, not buying some positions taking longer then others thesis based on the extremely limited data set we have.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, but did that ss already have ss when you acquired him? You have no idea how much position experience he already had in the position. Remember Steve has told us that players start off with different position experience in various positions. If you popped ss and then popped SS in 5 updates then you will have blown my whole world view.

The data to look at is low case to upper case after going from nothing to lower case. There is actually a LOT of data available to analyze that (from the dev graph), just no one has taken on the task yet (or at least taken on the task and shared the results).

Updated Friday, February 26 2016 @ 5:07:54 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |