Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League Player Evaluation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello folks, I'm looking for some assistance with evaluating my minor league players, specifically looking for the first few to be cut. Here are some of the candidates IMO:

Peacock: My only 12pt, albeit one with "very good" potential. He's got a marginally + fastball paired with a ++ curveball who projects as a solid bullpen arm.

Menendez: 13 pt pitcher with "very good" potential, two + pitches and low defense stats who could project to be a good mid-rotation piece. However, he's not as far in his development (24yo/65SI/AA) as I'd like him to be.

Mills: 13 pt lefty pitcher with "good" potential, a marginally + fastball with a + slider as well who could have a role as a mid-leverage bullpen guy. Although he's fairly well developed for his age (22yo/59SI/AA), he's got a sizable amount of his SI in defense (8/15/14)

Parades: 14pt with "very good" potential seems great on the surface, but his scouting report is somewhat lacking. He only projects for plus power, with nothing else, which could get him both solid BC+Power however.

Arevalo: Another 14pt, but with an even worse scouting report imo- decent speed and solid fielding with nothing in terms of offence. He's capable of serving as a utility guy or third baseman if need be but his lack of projectible offensive ability worries me.

Of course, you are free to check out my minors and let me know if there's someone else who you would cut in lieu of the players listed above.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a pretty well stacked minor league system, very hard to pick a weak spot but I'd probably go for Soto as a 24 year old in A ball - his only real plus characteristic is the unhittable fast ball and I doubt it will reach its ceiling with the way he's been so slow to develop
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Soto or Rodrigues in A ball are both candidates to cut IMO. 24 and 23 years of age in A ball, it's unlikely they would hit their potential.

Previous Page | Show All |