Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Diagnosis   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So i took a look at the league statistics and realized that my team gives up a lot of home runs, solid 15 more than the next team. My team has given up 71 homers in 46 games. that is not good at all. The thing is i'm wondering what your opinions areas to why this is happening. My team BAA is less than .250 but we can't seem to stop the long ball.

Is it the ballpark?, my majority of hard throwing pitchers? blind luck? I'm kind of stumped. please share your thoughts and suggestions.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My park is smaller in the corners and overall (I believe), and I noticed I'm 30 HRAs below you.

8/13 pitchers are 14 control or below, 4 of them at or below 10. My guess is a combination of that and RNG.

Updated Sunday, February 28 2016 @ 10:14:00 am PST
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Your park definitely isn't big. I see a lot of velocity and not much movement or control, that would definitely lead to alot of home runs. One of your guys has given up 17 HRs in only 46 innings. His 5 movement is killing you. That guy should probably be cut.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't looked at all, but whats the GB:FB like for your guys? Obviously FB pitchers in a small park is going to lead to many bad things!
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Oviedo, Moore, and Roque are all fly-ball pitchers. Couple that with all of the small parks in your current league and I believe that is why you've given up more HR's.

Nothing wrong with fly-ball pitchers, you just need to tailor you park to suit your team. Maybe a ton of range in your outfield, a longer and taller fence? If you can't find rangy outfielders, then at least a taller outfield wall will knock those HR's down.

On the other hand, you're not giving up a ton of runs yourself compared to the other clubs. Maybe an improved defense will keep those HR's from hurting you!
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/100029

Goes to show what a pitcher's ballpark can do for a guy's career. This kind of stings a bit.

Previous Page | Show All |