Help

Forum >> Help >> Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sagan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The manual says "Training: is primarily gained in the minor leagues and is especially effective for younger players. Even in the majors, the some training is gained".

I am new and after playing around with different numbers I have decided to take the "re-build with younger players" approach.

My question is: I have quite a few players, ages 24-27 that have a potential of 12-13 that are sitting at a skill level of 55-75. Are they going to develop in the Majors or do I have to send them down to the minors to get training? I tried to send a pitcher down to AAA and it said that "he has learned all that he can learn at this level".

Updated Monday, February 29 2016 @ 1:17:29 pm PST

Updated Monday, February 29 2016 @ 1:19:12 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If they get the "He has learned all he can at this level" then he will not gain much more SI at that level, it is better to promote them. Really the only 24-27 year olds you will want to send down to the minors are the ones who have gotten lots of major league experience already and have capped on that (around 1000 at bats or 200 innings pitched), likely the bot or previous owner didn't give them the time in the minors that they needed. Sometimes with the 27 year olds in that situation it is better to just cut them as Rock alluded to in another thread about players along a similar line.
sagan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, thanks Newtman. I found the thread written by Rock, too. Both helped.

Previous Page | Show All |