Help

Forum >> Help >> 7th Inningi Pitcher   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to have a "bridge" from my starter to the set up man and tried this last season but didn't seem to work the way I wanted it to.

I have this pitcher in SET 2 with management settings set up as 1st inning (7th) and a pitch count of 15. Will this yield the results I want it to?

I have other middle relief guys, MR, MR2, and RHS all with first innings between innings 5-6. They won't get in the way, right?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've basically been trying to do the same thing (except my closer comes in for the 8th, so there wouldn't have to be another setup man), but I've never been able to figure it out, neither with the old nor with the new bullpen management settings.
I really don't see a way to designate a true setup man who will only come in in a save situation, but in an earlier inning than the closer. There's no setting for that.
I tried to do something vaguely in that direction with the new manual run differential settings, giving one reliever a slightly smaller range of run differentials than the others, hoping he would actually come in in close games. I gave that up when he had zero innings pitched after about 20 games.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Jetsrock, the RHS will come in before the guy you're talking about provided a right handed hitter is due up.
What is the setting on your SET1? Without knowing what that is, I would recommend switching the two.
As was mentioned above, there's no way to pull your starter without him reaching his pitch count or hook, unless it's with the closer in a save situation. It's all a guessing game, but it sounds like you should also reduce the pitch count by a small amount if they're going to long for your plan.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My SET1 is set up with 1st inning as 8th, largest RD as 3 (no RD set for my SET2), pitch count at 20, and a hook of 5.

My SPs all have pitch counts that correspond to their stamina (lowest being 95 and highest at 110). I don't see any issues with my 8th inning guy with these settings, just getting in the 7th inning guy if its a close game.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That looks good then. You just have to decide how badly you want that bridge guy to come in. If you really want it, drop the pitch counts for your starting pitchers by 10 and see how that works. That will force a pitching change earlier no matter the score, however, so you need to decide which you'd rather live with.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't mind if the starter goes deeper - what I don't want is for the 7th inning to hit and my middle relief guy remains in or the RHS is brought in. I want it to be set so that if my team is winning by 1-3 runs and the starter is out, then the 7th inning guy is brought in, then the set up man, then the closer.

Previous Page | Show All |