Help

Forum >> Help >> Where should I put this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello all,

My player Glen Reid is major league ready at the age of 22, my problem is my OF is stacked with players and my DH is one of the OFs. My current OFs are PRich, Leblanc and Hall. My current DH is Griffey.

I was thinking of replacing Leblanc, but I am not sure.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could platoon him with the other guys or cut LeBlanc since he is the oldest. Kind of depends on whether LeBlanc would be your first cut in your organization.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You are stacked AND you're in a pennant race. You could leave him in AAA to squeeze out another point or two, without compromising your current season. Then cut LeBlanc in the off-season and get Reid as many AB's as you can in spring to get a jump on his experience points gain before the new season starts.

What you have is every manager's conundrum: How to get the necessary playing time for a young player who is ready for The Show, while in the middle of a pennant race.

Best of luck to you!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You are better off with him on the bench at the ML level than you are with him at AAA once he has gotten that message. Even if you can't fit him in, you are only holding him back by leaving him down. I only got Poole a few ABs his first season up, and he is still developing nicely.

Updated Wednesday, March 16 2016 @ 7:43:20 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know where your are coming from, but 332 ABs is really more than a few ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That was the second season, way to follow the row across Rock. :p

Edit: 85 ABs the first season in 30 games. Pulled it out for those who miss lines...

Edit 2: The call up in 2023 was right around this time in the season. I cut Randolph prior to 2024 with the express intent of getting Poole more ABs the next season, it is called player management and it is why I promoted the last 3 seasons...

Updated Wednesday, March 16 2016 @ 10:05:41 am PDT

Updated Wednesday, March 16 2016 @ 10:10:17 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, 10 SI in 85 ABs is quite good.
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the answers, I promoted him and will platoon him in CF with LeBlanc, most of the pitching in my league is righty so I'll switch them out often.

Previous Page | Show All |