Help

Forum >> Help >> Position Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Need a recommendation here.

When i first claimed De Vries, I saw him as nothing more than a 4th outfielder. Today i was looking over where i could put him in the long term as i have acquired two outfielding prospects with way better hitting skills.

I'm not too confident in my knowledge of fielding ratings, which is why i ask, should i train him to be a first baseman instead? or keep him as an outfielder?

I've got a soft spot for the guy cause he's on the aruban national team so dropping him would not be in my interests.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
To me, a 4th OF type should be able to hit or field (if not both), and De Vries doesn't appear particularly capable of either. I have a 7 Fielding 1B myself - he's made 2 errors in 6 games, not a good ratio, which is why he's a backup. On top of that, De Vries has only gained 9 SI in the best part of four seasons, suggesting he's never going to amount to much, unless he picks up some huge gains when he makes the majors.

I have a 4th OF type in Kobayashi, but because he's an 'amazing fielder', 'really quick' with a good range and arm I've been starting him at SS in AAA, because I have so little depth there. IMO, that's what a 4th OF should look like.

I don't have high expectations for De Vries, but maybe some of the more experienced guys see him differently.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that's spot on. Having a non-hitter at 1st is a liability and he's mediocre as a OF prospect though that is likely his best fit. He'd be a quick cut for me if I had anybody at either position I liked better.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
De Vries would be fine at 1B or maybe even a (poor fielding) backup 2B. But as pointed out by others I don't think he has the hitting skills to make it. For 1B and OF you should have better hitters. For 2B it would only make sense if he was a really good fielder or a really good hitter, which he isn't either.

Updated Friday, March 18 2016 @ 11:14:55 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |