Help

Forum >> Help >> Scouting Report   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Stormkrow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have noticed that I am being given less information than previously on scouting reports for drafts. I have even seen one player that had absolutely no information on him.

Did this change recently? Was I just lucky in my earlier drafts to always have details available on my scouting reports for potential draft picks?

For instance, I have now drafted a pitcher who has good potential... but says nothing else. Well that's great to know, but is he a painter? Or does he throw heat? Changing speeds? Limited innings? Throw all day...
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Usually a sign that the prospects aren't very talented. 15 POT players tend to have three positive scouting entries with a Very good Overall potential at the end. 10s, 11s and 12s tend to have one or no outstanding qualities, so they often get no scouting entries since there none for neutral/mediocre skills but they can still have Good potential despite this.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is not really a very tight correlation between POT and the number of scouting reports. I would be careful about making an assumption like that.

Check out this thread for information about what all the scouting reports mean. You can actually treat the lack of a scouting report as a scouting report.

For instance a pitcher with no report is guaranteed to have the potential for 0 - 12 Velocity, 0 - 14 movement, 9-14 stamina, and 10 - 20 control. Fielding scout reports are only provided for batters, so you can't deduce anything in regards to the fielding potential of a pitcher.

A batter with no report has the potential for 7 - 13 hitting, 0 - 11 power, 9 - 12 fielding, and 7 - 13 speed.

Updated Friday, March 18 2016 @ 11:04:14 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There is no change in the generation of the scouting reports.

What's happened is that we increased the number of draft options from 5 to 10. So now the better players are more picked over and it's leaving a lot of players with few positive comments.

Steve
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
which one is better outstanding or amazing?
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Amazing is better, but not by much. See the thread Rock linked to.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
:hitter:
amazing! fielder
really fast!
great hitter!
prolific slugger!
very good overall! POT
:pitcher:
fastball unhitable!
exceptional slider! or curve?
throw all day!
very good overall! POT
???still unsure on the??? "Control Scouting"
all i've seen is negative reports on control
???if they have positive report on control for pitcher never seen one???
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There are no positive control reports. Reference the thread I linked.

Previous Page | Show All |