Help

Forum >> Help >> Positional Changes Slowing Development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello all, I have been wondering that when certain players are training at a new position in the minors if it impedes their advancement to the next level in the minors in which they belong. I have seen several players who should be advancing or should have advanced to the next level a while ago, but seem stuck in A or AA, not gaining any points. The only thing all these players have in common is that they are all learning a new position. I have even seen that players are immediately suggested to the next level if they pop in their new position.

Exhibit A for me is Min Jae On. He has been very slow in developing forever, but particularly in A. After 4 seasons in A, he was finally suggested for AA when he popped a small ss.

Is there something to this theory, or am I completely off base here?
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have wondered the same thing. I rarely use a player at the position I drafted him. I try to train the players where I believe they are best suited. For that reason it seems like my minors are bogged down.

That being said, though, I really don't think it is actually an issue.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I asked Steve about this before and if I remember correctly his answer was no. I believe the position training happens in parallel to the hitting/fielding training. And I believe minors placement is relative hitting/fielding not position knowledge.

Previous Page | Show All |