Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Limit Modifiers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, my question is: if a pitcher has say a limit of 100 pitches, what will the ++, +, - and -- do to that in your experiences? I usually just leave my settings blank or with an 'x'. So I'm wondering if using the modifiers with give me even more control.

For example, does the - mean the guy will often throw ten more pitches or what?

Thanks!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I *believe* those have to do with whether or not the guy is brought into the game in the first place. So I think with a --, he won't be used unless he is almost completely rested. At least this has been my understanding. Someone else might have more accurate information.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
agreed i mean when there is 2 outs bottom 9th
and the closer has pitch limit exceeded let him pitch i take the injury and a win rather than have the worst pitcher on team come in throw 1 pitch and it leaves the park.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a ???
it is like this a closer is like the best pitcher in clutch i know he can't pitch 40+ pitches or pitch 3inn
and most saves are by 1-3 runs so naturally he gets pulled in tie games and should never be used in games loosing by 1+ runs so most times hes gonna be used 8th or 9th inn so 2 runs max hook 25 pitch hooks but the games pulling closers out and 1 out left in 9inn.
or putting closers in game 8inn with 4 run lead
then when the pitcher has 2 players on base with the hitter at plate he gets pulled??? why pull him with only 1 out in game????
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If he is being pulled he either hit his hook limit or his pitch limit. You might want to increase them if you don't want him pulled. If you expect him to actually finish the game there isn't too much harm. Just be careful of tie games that go extra innings.
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Its like Rock777 says. I set my closer to come in 9th only, with a hook of 2 and a pitch limit of 45 and your scenario never happens to me.

Good luck!
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"or putting closers in game 8inn with 4 run lead"

Sometimes being 4 runs up is actually a save situation, you just need to have 2 guys on base.

Edit: Similarly, if you are 5 runs up, and bases are loaded, it is a save situation as well.

Updated Monday, March 28 2016 @ 10:44:01 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |