Help

Forum >> Help >> What is his potential?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the help. I'm not really considering dropping him but trying to decide if he is worth promoting into the starting lineup.

Will he develop any more if I leave him in AAA or is he already maxed until moving to the majors? I was figuring he had another season or two so I don't really have room for him right now
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Will he develop any more if I leave him in AAA or is he already maxed until moving to the majors?

I don't think it matters much with this guy. He should develop fine either way (leaving him down or bringing him up).

I disagree a bit on the low OPS prediction. He may well have a poor batting average. But both his BC and PD project to be high (lots of BBs). Any hits he does get will include a lot of extra bases (lots of power and speed).

His minor league base-stealing numbers are pretty impressive - walks he takes stand a good chance of putting him on 2B. All that with potential gold glove caliber defense at 1B.

The hitting scouting is definitely disappointing. But I think he is a pretty good prospect. Not the superstar one would hope for with that much SI, but potentially a solid player.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While you are in a hot pennant race, I think you should leave him down until you clinch your division, then start giving him some experience and see how he does until the playoffs.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Overall I like him. He's a better centerfielder than Oh. If nothing else he can be a 4th outfielder. But he does have the possibility of being a gold glove 1B too. So a solid backup at 1B, OF and a pinch runner. If his hitting gets to 8 I like him a LOT better. With high BC and PD he could hold his own and add dimension to the offense with bunting, hit and run, walks, stolen bases and power. Not sure what his homers will look like. He might be a 20-25 guy or just 15. Thing is he's young so you can bring him along slower. It'll be a couple of seasons or probably more before I would expect him to handle big league pitching anywhere near effectively. I would leave him down through spring training next season and reconsider at that time.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure the ceiling for that scout report is 7 Hitting. Other than hitting, everything else looks good. I weight hitting a lot higher than many other managers, so you should take my advise with a grain of salt. But I really don't think he is ever going to have the production you would want out of 1B or OF.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He will be a great #5 in your line-up as long as you have a good hitter in #6. If none, give him #6.
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When I first started, I was excited about having a 15 pot in my otherwise iffy farm system. But as I learned the game and more about batter skills I had to accept that he will never be a stud despite his high overall pot.

I think I will call him up and leave him as a 1B/OF backup and pinch runner. As he develops over the next few seasons I'll see how he handles pitching and whether he can ever be an effective starter. I guess at worst he'll be a great utility/bench/pinch runner type guy.

Thanks again for the recommendations. Very helpful
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He will be a great #5 in your line-up as long as you have a good hitter in #6. If none, give him #6

The other little wildcard here is that with exceptional bat control and excellent speed, this guy might be a superb bunter.

I played against a team back in 2018. Think it was Bennington with Lemus, but it might have been Clarksville and Hurley (memory is fuzzy). Anyway, they had a high PD leadoff guy. Their #2 (Lemus or Hurley) was such a good bunter that any time you walked lead-off, there were automatically guys on 1st and 2nd. It was brutal. And that was before catchers took on a greater responsibility fielding bunts.

I keep trying my Butler in the #2 spot hoping to replicate this style of offense, but he doesn't seem to be a good enough bunter.

If this guy is a good bunter, it would blunt the poor hitting a bit, as he could prop his average up a little through bunt singles.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's an interesting idea. I never think about bunting, but it could work. And given he might just haul off and crank a home run now and again, it should keep the defense on their toes ;)
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your guy reminds me of a guy I have, Eugene Case.

They look quite similar, if you look at Eugenes stats, that's what I would expect from your guy IMO.

Previous Page | Show All |