Help

Forum >> Help >> He seems to be overmatched for this competition.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This past Friday, I noticed 2 of my guys were due for a promotion, Erickson and Zimmerman. I promoted them and I didn't receive this message Friday when I did it (I make sure just in case I missed something).

I log onto today, and they both have these messages. I'm 100% confused as to why. I know I promoted them and made sure they were suppose to be there... or maybe I'm just an idiot, promoted 2 random players that shouldn't have been promoted? Maybe that's it, lol.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Huh, that's weird. I'm not seeing that message on either of them. Are you sure it's still there? If it is, go to the reassign players page and see if it's telling you to move them back down. If it is, then do it.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not showing up for me either today, I should have screenshot it on Friday..

Oh well. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else... or maybe I am misremembering?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Same thing happened to me. Two guys were recommended on Friday, but then I got the overmatched message on Sunday. I sent them both back down. I'm guessing Steve was fiddling a bit with the recommendation settings.
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd appreciate some clarity on this one too; I've not seen this happen before.

My man Jones was recommended for the majors following Friday's training update. Fortunately I left him down as I wasn't about to give a rookie pitcher playing time in a relegation fight, or start paying him an extra $300k per year to sit on the bench.

Is the bug that these guys were recommended for promotion in the first place or that the recommendation disappeared?

Cheers!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect that anyone who got this switcheroo pulled on them is probably one or two weeks away from promotion anyhow. So instead look at it as you got some free intell :)
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed the same, had a player suddenly rec'd to majors (a 20 yo pitcher at that!). Given it's the end of the year, I'd suggest you leave everyone where they are until you decide what your plan is for next season. I agree with Rock, something must have been changed over the weekend with how players are being promoted.

Previous Page | Show All |