Help

Forum >> Help >> The Draft Process   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
From the game manual:

Draft

Once every week, a team will have the option of drafting a new player from one of five sources: from High School, from College, from a Latin Academy, an International Player or a Free Agent. Each source will produce players of varying ages, nationalities and experience.

High School: A 17 or 18 year old player from the United States or Canada.

College: A 20 to 22 year old player from the United States or Canada.

Latin Academy: A 16 to 21 year old player from Latin America.

Asian Posting System: A 22 to 25 year old player from Asia. Note, the Posting System is a player transfer system between Asian and American professional baseball leagues.

International: A 18 to 23 year old player from Europe, Australia and the rest of the world.

Note: older players will tend to have more training and experience.

Steve
olgaredfox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks all appreciate the help

:-D
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
During the off season waivers are a hotbed of activity. Lots of movement as players age, cuts are made, players are signed causing further cuts. That resembles what you were referring to.

All current free agents go through the waiver process. The amount of time a player is on waivers varies from 1 day to four? days. If a player is unclaimed he clears waivers and becomes a free agent able to be signed by any team at any time. All players who get cut must also go through the waiver process. There is always a lot of competition for the best talent on waivers. You should not enter that process expecting to win a superstar or even very good player. A more realistic hope would be to merely upgrade your team or acquire depth. Of course somebody hits the proverbial lotto but whether that pans out for them like they expected is decided on the field.

If that's what you were looking for, there ya go. If not, I typed it anyway. :)
olgaredfox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Tiger,

That's superb ... exactly what I need to know. I keep bidding for Waivers (missed one today where there were only 2 teams in for him sob!!!). Being a newby (and British - HA HA HA) it helps enormously

Cheers
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there draft today ? Its friday
1st round was there already. Or is the second one after pre season?

Updated Friday, April 15 2016 @ 11:32:28 am PDT
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a week off this week, for both training and draft.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
i like the fact that the 1st round picks get to go to spring training. the 2nd round draft pick might get to play fri/sat/sun. but the rest of the drafted players will have to wait till next spring to get the training. this makes 1st and 2nd round draft picks more valuable. i'am pretty sure thats 10 training updates a year are all we get.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It's either 10 or 11 training updates, whether or not you count the season flip update where your players potentially decline. There are also 10 rounds of the draft (round 2 is, in fact, next week), and 10 economic updates. In short: you're not missing anything. :)
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
so after season flip the aged players above 30 will decline correct.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In general that is the case. Steve has been getting better at making declines less predictable, I actually had one player that was 30 gain an SI, so it's not exact but in general you can expect a player to start declining once they get into their 30's, but some may slowly decline and others may drop off a cliff.

Previous Page | Show All |