Help

Forum >> Help >> Waivers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have only been playing a couple weeks and I see waivers are open now. I have several openings and could stand some talent upgrade. Is there a limit to how many claims I can put in and how many guys I can claim? Should I try to limit how many claims I put in and focus on say my top 5 guys so I don't claim a guy I like less and miss out on the chance to claim someone I really like?
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's no limit on the amount of players you can put a claim on, also everyone has an equal percentage of "luck" to win the claim.

I would put them on everyone you want.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No limit. Early in the season I'd put a claim on anyone that would be an upgrade in your system cause this time of the year good players on the wire can amass a lot of claims [over 100... not over 9000 though...sadly].

Claims are processed from the best available [I'm not sure of the order but by SI, Age, POT] so even if you hit on several guys, you should get the best one if your roster space is limited.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Any recommendations on what I should focus on? I took over my team in the last 30ish games and went from about 15 games back to finish 5 back. Because the team had some recent neglect I have a few AAA guys ready for the majors and a full majors roster. The farm system doesn't have a lot of talent. Do I go for anyone that helps or only guys under a certain age?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I generally look for guys I can get multiple seasons out of and if I was rebuilding I would definitely take that approach.

You have some young guys but also several players in their 30s. If you claim someone 32+, he is more likely a one and done guy. They have their purpose but maybe a different purpose than a younger guy. Certainly claim anyone you like the looks of. You won't get very many successful claims no matter how many you make.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
You've got a couple of guys like Garner who are getting old and just blocking your young guys from moving up when they're ready, its a good time to clear out the guys who won't be around for too long and grab a few upgrades - generally 31/32 is the cut off although personally I'll be going into this season with 4 32 year olds because they're still useful to me.

The shotgun approach where you just throw claims on anyone who will be useful to your club in some way is a good one, you can then trim down the claims day by day, or cut the guys you don't like once you've got them if they're not an upgrade. its good practice for position players to have at least one guy coming up at each position in your system :)

Lastly, look for guys with at least 12 potentially, anything less has limited value, Jennings and Oliver in your minors system are a good example of guys who won't ever really have much of a role. I like having a roughly equal number of pitchers and hitters in the minors, each to their own though

Good luck and enjoy!
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
9hrs till 1st waivers clear boards good luck evrybody!!!

Previous Page | Show All |