Help

Forum >> Help >> Can't Release Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You have to wait 25 real life days before you can release your best players.
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does everybody have to do that every year?
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm getting close to that 25 days and can't wait. If you are under the 25 you can release some guys (generally really old guys or prospects with potential below 13). It is a bit of a pain to deal with (I have a 31 year old 1B who has good total skills but only 7 hitting) I think I can find better on the open market. I understand the rule and do think it helps more than it hurts as you get started.
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When does the 25 days end?
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Since you joined 4/4/16 that would put it at 4/29/16.
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh that makes sense thanks.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding is the rule is in place to prevent two things directly. First, a new player accidentally futzing his team while he's busy wrapping his head around the game, and second, a not-so-helpful vet player convincing a newcomer that $player is garbage with the express intent of having that player end up on wavers or something that gives the vet a chance to scoop him up. In most cases you can probably let them play it out (your 31-year-old will probably start his decline at end of this season) while you worry about who you'll bring in to replace them. Or perhaps that's just an advantage for this team, which has spent plenty of time in VI before I grabbed it, but whichever. :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, as much of a pain as it is to deal with, some owners prior to that rule being implemented made some exceedingly boneheaded uninformed decisions, and there is no way for Steve to give that player back to you after the button is pressed.
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I completely agree with the rule now that I understand it. I just want to get rid of my OF Barker before the season starts!
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My probation period ended today! Problem is I haven't had a decent waiver pickup so my big league roster isn't changing much. I was able to thin out my minors a bit as I claimed a bunch of guys and now needed to thin them out. My biggest items I ran into during probation were claiming too many prospects at the same position and to a lesser extent claiming a guy with high potential that was never going to pan out due to age and low SI.

Previous Page | Show All |