Help

Forum >> Help >> New Team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
anderton46

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, I was wondering how exactly I get a team? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve is doing this manually. If you log in and see this at some point, i'll give you some advice on the team build.

C - Keep them and find some guys in the draft or waivers who have a good hitting and power comment with higher than average arm-strength.

1b - i don't like contact under 13 anymore, and because of no contact comments your young 1b's wont be that effective. I've seen a few 13+ potential guys that spike huge PD/Power/BC and do ok, but in large part most consider hitting to be important. You should keep Hartman, and the rest sooner or later will probably get let go.

2b - Your two younger 2B both lack contact comments, so again you're going to have to hope they get to 12 contact and get absurd hitting stats elsewhere, or they wont produce ops. Ramirez at best turns into a 12/16/17/12/17 hitter, which will be feast of famine. Bustamante will need to get to 12 contact and 18 power imo to be a real threat offensively. I'd keep them around and maybe give them some starts when they turn 25 to see if either shows enough promise, but keep your eyes open. I'd bench or cut your starting 2B, and look at my comments at 3B.

3B - Moyer is a solid argument to having a two tool player work. the 16 hitting 18 power has him at .300 with 40 homers yearly. Rich Lee's 10 arm is probably not ideal for 3B, but could work better at 2B. I would go ahead and promote him and start him at 2B. He should fill out to about 100 SI quite easily. Menendez is fine for a future 3B when Moyer starts to decline below 15 hitting. Cruz Juarez is a player you can freely cut.

SS - Escobar should be moved to the OF or DH because he is a lefty. I'm pretty sure thats still punishing defensively. Lorenzo Saenez shouldn't start, and you will be cutting him soon. his defense + age + performance thus far are all not in his favor. Christensen is a good starting SS right now. Anguiano is a future leadoff hitter who should start every day at 112+ SI or when he has learned what he can in the minors. Really really nice player, you have a stud there. Cut Tejera, kiss of death hitting comment. Keep Myers around and re-evaluate at 23. If he's not around 75-80 SI at 23, he's probably not a great developer, and you might not maximize his talent.

OF - Cut list would include Harrington, Cepeda, and Castaneda. Start Garrison and Salmon, bench would be Gamez and Park short term (Park gets called up from AAA). Also call up Gu and start him every day. Work Banning into a SS in the minors, his defense and leadoff credentials are more suited there. Miura will replace Gamez or Park in 1-2 seasons time, and you might also start him when the game labels him as ready. I personally don't see any use in Faure, so i'd cut him. Keep Combs, he should be good in the future.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitching:

Needs a lot of work, you'll have to keep an eye on waivers and improve on the veterans and gain some prospects out of the draft or the leftovers from people with solid minors that have to make tough cuts.

You must keep 10 pitchers, so Johnston, Wright, Arnold, Bailey, Consuegra, and Leblanc all need to be cut going forward to improve your overall pitching. Valencia can stay for a season or so, and then gets added to the list. Murphay is a good #3-#5 SP, his stuff just ran out of room (he's at the literal max SI for 12 potential of 103 SI). Lockwood is definitely worth it too, keep starting him and hope he gains another 4-5 SI, preferably 1 more movement, CoS, and perhaps stamina. Perea is a capped starter as well, keep him in the rotation. Beyond Murphay, Lockwood, and Perea you lack depth, so you'll need to find some help there.

On the reliever side, Porter and Pierce are your two young talents to let develop. Hodges should also do ok next season, but is still in development. It's my opinion that he's probably within range of being a reasonable callup anyways, but given your lack of depth in the farm maybe just wait it out and get a FA with more current talent.

The remaining farmhands look like this

Liu - Keep, a long long way out but you never know, he has good comments. he has 6 years to spike like 50 SI to be relevant.

Walker - Cut. Control issues.

Fajardo - Keep, could help you out of the pen next season, will be a marginal #5 starter imo unless his velocity takes off to 16+

Good luck if you take this team and run with it!
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@Fury- do you mean lack of hitting scout and not "contact"???
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there are no contact messages, any guesswork on BC is done through deductive reasoning and is just guesswork, because that SI could also end up in PD (though after a few seasons it becomes much more clear).

Previous Page | Show All |