Help

Forum >> Help >> managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Has it been determined yet how much effect a new style manager has on a team? I'm still in very early days, obviously, but am wondering if there'd be much if any benefit to swapping out managers at this point. I have my eye on an improvement for the same price, but if the overall benefits wouldn't make much difference then I'll keep the one I have.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Make the switch.

I don't know how much impact they have but it is certainly some impact. I notice your guy is decent except his ability to develop players. As a new owner, that is the last place I would want a deficiency. I prefer a manager with no negatives even if it meant less positives too. Just my opinion of course.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. Make the upgrade.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'd prefer someone with no negatives as well, but until I build up some funds I can't afford what most of those would very probably charge me. thanks for the advice, though... I've officially fired the lesser being.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
They would charge you the basic 0.5 mil.

I have my manager for 3 years and his salary is still the same.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think there's still better managers out there, if you look hard. See this guy for example.

I went with an Excellent teaching guy last year because I needed the development, but he was AA/BA/AA for everything else and I didn't want a negative in my coaches report this year (after I finished 60-50 in my last 110 games last season). My current manager is AA hitting, GD defense, GD teaching - a better balance, though I do hope I don't miss that EX development.

All down to personal choice, naturally.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So there's a significant effect on how many games your team wins, then, depending on the manager?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think there is any data to back that up. No one really knows. However Steve has said the effect is minimal.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is an effect that is greater then nothing, so you minds well get the best guy you can. And for player development as well, which is important when you are rebuilding. I'd go with the guy amalric7 posted over your current guy, because he is really good at player development. The Manager's salary has nothing to do with his ability. Rather it is based on your record. So if you want to keep his salary low, you just need to lose a lot of games ;)

Updated Sunday, April 24 2016 @ 9:28:26 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |