Help

Forum >> Help >> What are the minimums for promotion?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It wouldn't surprise me if someone's worked this out already, so I'm tossing it out here. What are the minimums in each ability, approximately, for promotion to the next level? I've seen people make reference to players who were close to being promoted, and am curious how exactly conclusions like that are reached. It'll also hopefully give me an idea re: planning for future drafts etc.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought about trying to figure this out a while back, but I couldn't generate interest in the community to do a full study. My hypothesis was that it would be related to how close they are to their max rather than how developed they are (thus why POT 14 or 15 guys seem to advance more slowly sometimes). I don't think anyone really knows for sure how it works right now.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
that makes sense, and at least in theory explains why Gomes got the nod for A level while none of my rookies with higher SI and in some cases higher ability scores did (see also: Farr, Vasquez for reference).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would participate in the study, but the problem is in order to gauge it accurately we would need at least everyone who has posted in the forums to participate, and that won't happen since at least 75% of posters are irregular at most.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One thing I've noticed is that pitchers usually have a lower SI than batters at the same minor league level.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's because they usually start with lower SI.

Previous Page | Show All |