Help

Forum >> Help >> Cutting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all, I have a problem deciding which minor I want to let go. Personally, I think Moreno, Stephens or Claudio. Any input would be appreciated! :D

Updated Friday, May 6 2016 @ 4:56:56 pm PDT
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Stephens is pretty droppable. You've got a pretty awesome minors system! I think you do have quite a few pitchers, but your majors pitchers are getting pretty old as well. Depends on whether you need starters or bullpen help, you have many pitchers without a stamina report.

Perez has a ton of SI left in defensive skills and not the best scouting report, he'll look more like a 13 POT with CoS and control. Herrera is also on the low end of your minors, he's a one-pitch guy who looks mediocre unless you're in need of a new lefty. I personally like anyone with stamina and low fielding, gives you options with how to use the pitchers. But it's really up to you.

EDIT: I should add I would drop Stephens since he doesn't have much of a defensive position but has a lot of SI in range and arm for a 1B/DH, so his PD will be pretty terrible given his 12 POT. Given that he's a RHB I'd say you can probably find better.

Updated Friday, May 6 2016 @ 5:52:22 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Herrara will have high velocity and high CoS. So he has two tools. And VERY good control as well. He looks like a very good pitcher. I definitely wouldn't drop him.

I'm not a big fan of "fastball will have some pop", but Perez is a 14...

Moreno will have a nice Changeup and a good Fastball. I don't like pitchers with so much stamina, but he looks pretty good. Of course all of your guys look pretty good.

Again, a LOT of stamina, but Vasquez looks pretty good.

Stevens looks like a decent 1B option. He is only a POT 12, but looks like a decent build. A lefty would be better and you do a couple young righties in the majors who can already play 1B. You probably wouldn't miss him.

I'd recommend cutting Gonzales. He is a bit underdeveloped as a 21 year old rookie league player. His unusual defensive build makes him optimal for no position. His hitting looks decent, but is pretty underwhelming for a 1B or a DH. Plus he is only a righty. I definitely wouldn't play him at 3B with 5 Arm.

Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dang, you are making me jealous with that minors system. Of the three you listed, I would definitely toss Stephens, I can't really see much of a reason to keep him. His PD is really low and doesn't look to be growing very much based on his growth chart, fielding doesn't look too great either. Maybe as a first baseman, but it looks like you have other players that would be a better option. Plus with your loaded farm system, keeping a 12 POT doesn't make too much sense.
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the help! So I guess it boils down to Stephens or Gonzales. I just feel like pitchers who can throw all day should be 14pot+. It feels like the stamina eats up a lot of SI for the 13 pots.

I've definitely been really lucky with my drafts, Benchwarmer. Just a matter of time before it runs out :S

Previous Page | Show All |