Help

Forum >> Help >> Has He Stopped Developing for Good?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am very concerned that my (should be) ace Sanchez is not going to reach his full listed potential. For some reason, once he hit 120 SI, he just stopped like hitting a brick wall. He has not gained any SI for 7 economic updates. Is there something wrong with him? Is it possible that he just stopped developing for good? This would be extremely disappointing news given his potential.

Updated Saturday, May 7 2016 @ 8:09:33 pm PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
19 fielding is a bit high for a pitcher, I think, but perhaps someone will correct me. If I'm not wrong, though, that might be somewhat eating into his room to grow.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fielding skill has nothing to do with it. My guess is that he will grow a few more points over the next couple of seasons, but likely won't make it to the 127-134 that 16 potential would suggest. He has already hit the low end of his scouting comments (all day 17-20 stamina and exceptional 17-20 movement) so it is an interesting case. Still a pitcher who would be the staff ace on at least 750 Broken Bat teams (including mine). I tend to think Seca was right in his assessment that growth can happen on a curve, and he may just be flattening out towards the end of his growth. Then again he may be done growing altogether, as I said, it should be an interesting case.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a number of guys do this. Sometimes they continue to grow slowly, sometimes they take a year off then shoot up a few points, and sometimes they just stop.

Byrd looks to be in the same boat, but I'm hoping he will still grow at a slow pace.

Updated Sunday, May 8 2016 @ 8:16:55 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a very interesting example of this happen today. Guzman gained two SI at age 30, with pops in PD and power.

Previous Page | Show All |