Help

Forum >> Help >> Cup Advancement...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, I just assumed it was the top 2-3 from each Cup division that went through! I was 2nd in my group last year at 15-5 and based it on that. Right now I'm below the cutoff at 9-7.
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Made it through with a 12-8 record! What are the chances that I would pull another South Dakota team??????
orionbrando

Pharr Pugs
V.13

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey there! we were in the same cup-group, good last series and at the end we both advanced.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Win your cup group... draw a Legends league team immediately. This is the kind of crap only happens to me I swear.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that happened to 11 other teams as well :p
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

My statement was that I won my Cup group and drew into a Legends team. All 11 Legends teams did not draw Group winners... such as the bot Palmdale.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just the luck of the draw. I was the fortunate one to get Palmdale. Guess after last season's magic Fort Worth is destined for a first round bounce.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Spoon, as I said up above, I won 17 games in my cup group (and won it) and I not only drew a Legends team, I drew a darn good one to boot (Pharr). #11 vs #3 in the rankings in KO round #1. Don't worry, you are not alone.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Winning the group doesn't give any special seeding privileges, which makes a lot of sense as the groups are randomly drawn. Your group had two LL-4 teams and the rest were lower. My group had two LL-2 teams and a LL-3. So why would your 14-6 record be any more impressive than mine (which didn't win the group)?

For me part of the strategy is balancing playing young scrubs (for experience) as much as possible in the group while still qualifying for the next round. If there were seeding advantages that would probably change a lot of folks' approach to the group round.

Speaking of which. This is the first time since 2022 that no one was screwed out of a cup position by a low finishing group winner! Always nice when that happens. I feel always feel sorry for the guys with the X next to their team that didn't really get into the cup.

Updated Tuesday, May 10 2016 @ 8:46:44 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@mcrmoe - Keep you chin up. I've been knocked out by LL-6 teams. Any team can beat any team in a 3 game series. Play your best squad and he can still come out on top.

Plus you've got some crazy good players on your team. You might actually have the edge.

Updated Tuesday, May 10 2016 @ 8:51:45 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |