Help

Forum >> Help >> Minors to cut   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tottyca

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a request , can someone look at my minors and advise me who to cut , i become very attached to them so i cannot make a decision :D .
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Your minors look pretty good to me, but if I had to choose...

Bessho is very slow in development for a pitcher, if he continues this way he'll only be around 70 SI by the time he's 25 y.o. (and I'm being optimistic here). Definitely not a keeper in my opinion.

Fry is another one I would cut. "Never a decent hitter" is more or less the cut sentence, even for a defense-minded outfielder.

The others should be fine at first glance.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I'd release Fry first, he'll be atrocious offensively. I'm not a huge fan of Duffy either, his control will definitely hold him back from being effective, and although his SI looks impressive, he's got around a fourth of it in fielding/range/arm. Overall, though, your minors look pretty good, a lot of well-developed prospects.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rookie Ball -

Avalos - Not likely to hit for more than .250 avg in the majors as his hitting has no comment. Not likely to hit for more than 10 HR's power wise because of now power comment. Upside is not there on the hitting side, and defense is not so special that he deserves bench opportunities.

A Ball -

No majors issues. I can see the complaint on Besscho, but he could turn out ok.

AA Ball -

Fry - Hitting that never eclipses an 8 is awful. He'd have to have tons of potential and every other stat going for him, which he does not.

AAA -

No Major issues.

Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh yeah, didn't notice Duffy for some reason. Any pitcher with control below 10 is a gamble and any pitcher with control below 8 should be avoided.
tottyca

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok thanks , after some further review from my side i will cut Avalos and Fry , but i am giving Duffy and Bessho one more year if nothing more interesting comes in the draft.

Previous Page | Show All |