Help

Forum >> Help >> Drafting Players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When you guys draft players from each division (College, high school, latin american academy etc...) how do you determine what pool to draft from?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
its up to you what you want really.
say you want young american draft high school.
if you want international play and want him to be in world cup then go international pool.
if you want south american cuba player draft from that pool. they are really young most time like 16 17 years old. want Asian player draft Pacific get a Japan play or china player they are older tend to be in early 20's. i like Collage draft best because they seem to get the best players from collage but it's a harder pool of players to choose for me. most are the same player with same skills and scouting.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It's really a matter of personal preference, IMHO. You've got more to pick from if you go highschool or college than if, say, you go Asian Posting System, but some of the Asian guys are also ML ready either this season or next. Make your tradeoff and hope for the best.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
College - Usually has the most well developed talent. Gets picked over pretty quickly in the beginning of the year. A good place to start, but it is usually worth looking else where by round 4.

High School - Younger guys, but still has some good talents. If you don't need immediate impact, this pool gets picked over a little slower then the college pool.

Asian
- Has been changed to include some older more developed players. A good place to go if you want a guy who can start tomorrow, but a little more risky than the college and highschool.

Latin American - A lot of talented players, but a lot of guys who are too underdeveloped to reach their potential. Slightly more risky than the highschool pool, but also might not be picked over as much.

International - The smallest pool. Very hit or miss with a lot of guys who are underdeveloped. Might be worth looking at if it hasn't been picked over, but it gets picked over pretty quickly just due to the fact that the pool is relatively small. It can be a game of chicken. Except who ever breaks and looks first might actually be the winner here.

All Pools - If you can't decide, why not spread out your luck? Best pool if you want to rely on your luck factor to get you the best candidates.

EDIT: BTW, the last time I relied on my luck factor I got this guy as a 3rd rounder...

Updated Friday, May 27 2016 @ 9:43:34 am PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock: I pull from the all players pool usually. So far, kept all but 2. One of these days I'll switch it up.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've pulled from All pools every draft for the last 6 seasons. It has resulted both in my best draft picks and my worst ones. Random samples are random.

Previous Page | Show All |