Help

Forum >> Help >> Who to cut?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
1. He should be an OF.

2. I don't think you should cut anyone, but call him up and put him as a backup for Bates.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I already have 17 players so to bring him up I need to cut someone.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have way too many outfielders. Either cut one or more of them, or cut one of your listed catchers since their arms are pathetic, and their CS% reflects it. Gibbs looks like he would be a great catcher with that 20 arm.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That was the original question - Who to cut?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is a hard one to advise on. Koch has bad Bat Control and isn't going to be as good a hitter as either of your existing Catchers.

Cattaneo looks very promising, and I would want him in the lineup somewhere (CF or LF would be optimal) as a regular moving forward. For one point in Arm, he might still be the better catcher. Macias is old and doesn't have much of an arm (but again only one less then Cattaneo), but he is currently the best hitter.

Perry might be a good option to drop. Bates would be fine as an everyday CF, which makes both Perry and Bauta expendable. Neither of them are very good hitters.

Gibbs is another guy with horrible Bat Control, but I would keep him over both Perry and Bauta.

EDIT: Actually I didn't notice how much SI Cattaneo is going to lose to fielding. I still think he is a better prospect than Gibbs or Koch, but not necessarily worth misplacing starters.

Updated Saturday, June 4 2016 @ 6:40:22 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would cut Kelly and/or Friedman, because both are completely useless outside the DH role, so figure out which one is your DH and cut the other. I would also cut Marcias and move Gibbs over to catcher. Honestly, I don't like carrying more than 14 hitters on the ML roster though since it restricts the number of minor league players you can carry.

Edit: Actually, I'd cut MacDonald as well, since he has gotten the dreaded may not have much room for improvement message already due to being brought up early.

Updated Saturday, June 4 2016 @ 8:01:42 am PDT
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. The problem I have is that I'm 9 games ahead in the promotion race and don't want to make too many changes.

From what I've read, Gibbs as a left handed thrower shouldn't play catcher and it would be a huge risk to put him as catcher when he hasn't played there at all.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman and I have very different team philosophies, so while my response may be contradicting his opinions, his opinion is just as valid as mine.

I'd leave Gibbs in RF myself. Being a lefty and having no Catching experience, I don't think its worth trying to retrain him. Especially if you are leading your division.

Newtman is probably right on MacDonald since he isn't doing real well right now, AND he has the stunted tag.

Friedman looks like a question mark offensively, but from a defensive perspective I'd have no problem playing him in LF (or DH).

Kelly might not be worth keeping for next year, but for this year with the pennant race in full swing he is actually doing pretty well as your DH.

I'd highly recommend cutting Perry as he serves no purpose right now. You have better batters who can play CF.

EDIT: You could also try sending MacDonald down to AAA for the rest of the season to see if you can get him enough training to progress a bit more.

Updated Saturday, June 4 2016 @ 3:26:59 pm PDT
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock. I like Kelly for stealing bases as well so I'll keep him.

It seems McDonald and Perry are the ones to go.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd cut MacDonald and Perry, and I'd also cut Bauer - because I cut him from my team earlier this season. ;) Bauer has good SI and a 13 pot, but he's not a good build and is pretty much LF only. He hit a bunch of HR in the minors but hasn't done anything in the bigs.

(edit:) Heh, typed that while spending 20 mins or so looking over your roster, great minds think alike?? :)

Updated Sunday, June 5 2016 @ 3:18:43 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |