Help

Forum >> Help >> He doesn't have too much room for improvement.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
i smell no foul play here.
IMO, he's not stunted.
disappointing, sure.
but the point he's missing ain't missing forever.
I used to have a backup catcher/ pinch runner on my team. debuted at 21. Never getting more than 200 ABs PR season. he received the same message at 27. he kept on collecting SI as he got more AB.

this Izquierdo guy has 700 ABs only.unless he played six full seasons of spring training, or 150 cup games, he needs more experience.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
"There is no why."

My apologies for being that Star Wars nerd, but the Yoda quote is "there is no try". :)

And there is a why here. The message typically shows up ~ the 40th big league training update. The player may very well still have some experience in the tank depending on their ABs & IP (as Frankebasta mentioned).
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No need to apologise for being a Star Wars nerd, Seca - me too. I did say, "might say", but I should have said/meant to say "to paraphrase Yoda".

;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure he will get the 1 point needed to marginally become a POT 13. I just suspect he could have gotten more.

He has 900 AB between League and Cup play. Plus a bunch of spring training ABs. How many ABs does a guy need?
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The message might go away sometime in the future. Had that happen to a couple of my guys. One season they have it, next season they don't.
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in a similar situation with P Randall Mancuso. He needs one more point to reach 104 SI. The only difference is that he doesn't have the tag. So frustrating..
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How many ABs does a guy need?

I've mentioned this before, but my theory* is that experience follows a normal yield curve (steep at the start, flattening out with time).

Many players cap out in the steep part of the curve, so experience gains often seem fairly linear. But guys that need all their experience get into the flatter part of the curve where they need a lot of x-axis (ABs in this case) to raise their y-axis.

Larsen, for example, saw a BC pop last week. He's got over 6k official ABs.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a few 29 year olds who were like that. But none of them got the "He doesn't have too much room for improvement" tag when they were 27.

The part that's really confusing me is the tag. I thought that only happened to guys without proper Training, but Izquierdo has had full training. That's why I'm assuming its because he hasn't had enough Experience. Which is certainly possible. I was just trying to figure out what "enough" normally was for a batter.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
i've never associated it with training or the lack thereof. I've had numerous players get the tag, and I don't promote early.

Given guys like Blair and Arias on your roster, you likely have more of these messages in your future.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I just normally have guys who are so underdeveloped they don't peak until they are too old to get that tag, LOL.

I guess I need to change my view on it. As long has the guy is close I guess its not really a bad thing.

Previous Page | Show All |