Help

Forum >> Help >> Ballpark configuration   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I have awsome outfielders. Been playing in dome since 1st time i log in. It was the first thing i changed on my team built new ball park. In my exp so far. I have had 5 gold glove outfielders. The best deffence in my league 5 years strait. So for me the dome has little to no affect. Because my manager and player's in outfield are "good outstanding or amazing". For some reason though seems like to me that batters i play against. Get more hits to outfield were my outfielders can not get the FA on the ball in play. So it has so far shown bad for ""PITCHING"" they get more hits to my outfield than my infield. My infield gives up fewer hits than the outfield does in most my games. I know now after what Steve said that is not my pitcher. If its pitching bad or the dome effect that gives all the hits to outfield. my best guess points to dome effect gives more hits to outfield. Since turf effect decreased my infield hits. "note" my infielders are better fielders than my outfielders on my team.

Updated Friday, June 10 2016 @ 7:49:15 am PDT
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure if this helps. I have large ballpark with high walls (ie not many home runs). I have had 8 errors this year - 6 of which were by OF that have fielding of 7 or 8 (and 1 by a guy that isn't an OF).
There is a fielding impact - but maybe not that big to Rock's point.
For a dome -- to me it looks like it would help a weak def team -- eliminating the "increased error rate" and replacing with a "maybe a small effect" would help -- assuming you get a lot of rain.
That said would it cost you a game or two per year?

If you have a good OF or "the best" OF and play in a rainy area ...you are better to play in the rain... as the opposition error rate would increase more than yours would (basing an increased rate on % impact of course).
It looks like a dome may impact the pitchers more from a stamina point of view.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah... I have low stamina and poor fielders, so I'm a bit conflicted. Its also hard to judge the effect of increased errors under the dome vs. elimination of the rain error increase. You are going to play in the dome when its not raining, so presumably the bad defensive OFs are going to make more errors in those games. And it only rains so often... So it depends on how much of a penalty each of those have.

I suppose I should pay more attention to the weather so I can see how many days are sunny vs. cloudy or cold.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Keep in mind, that if you have a domed ballpark, you have to have turf (which leads to fewer infield errors which is more significant than outfield errors):

Grass: tends to increase infield error rates.
Turf: tends to reduce infield errors, but yields more hits.

Also, a domed stadium with have a higher outfield error rate than a outdoor ballpark with good whether. But when it's windy, then the outdoor ballpark will be much worse for outfielders.

Steve

Updated Thursday, June 9 2016 @ 6:04:51 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's why its difficult to figure out what's best. Because on some days they make more errors, and on others they make less.

You may choose to have turf without a dome as well.

BTW, I'm not expecting for you to give us all the answers Steve. Just trying to do a little sleuthing on the forum ;)

Thanks for giving us a few hints :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like I said, I need to start paying attention to the weather, but I suppose a dome up north is probably a decent idea for attendance if nothing else...
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Obviously the solution is to have a retractable roof. Put it up when it's rainy/windy, leave it off when it's good weather :p
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 retractable roof option.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 retractable roof as well. Lol,though I think everyone would go for that and that would then remove weather from the game
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I always turn off the air conditioning in the bottom of the ninth because of the unfavorable air flow for the batters

Previous Page | Show All |