Help

Forum >> Help >> Why does my pitching suck this year?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ventures

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After a fairly good year last year, my pitchers have all turned to garbage this season, most of them have great skill numbers etc. but they just haven't pitched well at all.

I gave up on this season a while ago & have been focusing my attention on next season (have signed a few triple A pitchers etc.) & I want to know what I should do with my established pitchers (mainly the rotation)? Do I release & start fresh?

Thanks.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The first thing to check when your pitchers underperform is your defence.

Your starting SS has 6 range.
Your starting 2B has 7 range.
Your starting CF has 7 range.

Those numbers are too low. Look for players in the (high) teens range in these up the middle positions. It will help your pitchers a lot.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its hard to tell how good a guy really is until you've played him for a while, however there are a couple thing that I have seen as positive indicators from a ratings perspective. One is Control. Bad Control can be a killer. The second is having more than 1 tool (Velocity, CoS, or Movement).

So a guy like Connor doesn't look good to me. I'd move on from him as soon as possible.

Thompson has never been dominate, but he had a rough time last year. He is getting older, but it might have just been a fluke. You'll need to replace him sooner or later, but you could hold onto him until you have the right piece to replace him with.

Wade has the tools, but his control is a little subpar. He will probably continue to be somewhat unpredictable. Another guy worth replacing once you find the right piece.

McGinnis has bad Control, which is a big red flag.

Cannon doesn't have the best tools (but not bad), and he is a lefty. He has given up a lot of hits in the last two seasons. That said he has been decent for you in the past. I'd hang on to him for now.

Camacho has bad control.

Oliva has bad control.

Neely has bad control.

Bradley has bad control.

Collins has great control and is pitching pretty well despite having limited tools, but he is also getting older. Watch out for his decline during the offseason.

Milligan has slightly subpar control and no real tools.

Both of the 24 year olds you have in AAA have poor control and lots of stamina. A lot of your pitchers have high stamina and poor control. I would recommend reversing those priorities moving forward. Try to find guys with decent control and limit stamina to just the guys who will become starters.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I also noticed you had a lot of high FIPs, which is an indication that your defense is costing your pitchers extra runs as well.

At a minimum, Cannon will probably get a lot better with good defenders. But it should improve all of your pitchers.

Updated Thursday, June 16 2016 @ 5:09:51 pm PDT
ventures

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Awesome, thanks for the help!

Previous Page | Show All |