Help

Forum >> Help >> Out of position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Does playing a player out of position increase errors? Also do they eventually learn that position if they play there long enough? This is at the major league level
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes and yes.

And I think they do gain position experience slightly faster in the majors. But they will make a lot more errors. The more experience they have, the less errors they will make. It is actually a sliding scale of experience; the small and capital letter grades give you an idea of where they are on that scale. My understanding is that it looks something similar to this:

nothing_____________lowercase____________uppercase________

So there is still room for growth even after they get the uppercase.

Players don't start off at 0 position experience for every position they don't know, so it can be somewhat unpredictable when they will get their lowercase. It usually takes about 2 seasons to get the uppercase.

Updated Wednesday, June 22 2016 @ 8:21:33 am PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Another "perfect" responce by ROCK777 :)
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ROCK = Wikipedia for Broken Bat!!!
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ty guys
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to add to what WikiRock said, the time between lower and upper case does not have to be equal to the time between nothing and lower case. So the standard case would be:
nothing_____________lowercase____________uppercase

But it very well could be skewed one way:
nothing___________________lowercase______uppercase

I had a guy on my team that took around 1,5 seasons to get small of, and 2 updates later he had capital OF.

Updated Thursday, June 23 2016 @ 1:27:22 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a guy on my team that took around 1,5 seasons to get small of, and 2 updates later he had capital OF.

Can you link that player? I have never seen anything like that.

I would agree with your post, but would reverse the times. I find nothing --> lower case to vary a lot (depending on how much innate knowledge of the position the player has) while lower --> upper has been pretty consistent for me (~200 games played).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm with Seca, I've never seen that either. If you could provide the link to which guy it was, maybe we could try and figure out how that happened. I've never had an outfielder go from lowercase to upper case in less than about 200 games.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ditto
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sure, it's Merola. Look at the development graph. I took the team in late 2022, in 2023 he started playing outfield. Mid-late 2024 he got the of, and 2 updates later OF.

Edit: The development updates happen only twice a year, so on the graph it looks like it took a whole season - it didn't. I might be off by 1 update, so maybe it took 3 ;)

Updated Tuesday, June 28 2016 @ 1:58:40 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |