Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh and Favuz good but bad plan #Listentoabove
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
adding some data to the mix, last year home/away OPS was basically the same, while home ERA was way better (3.71/4.06).

2026 instead saw a difference in OPS (.759/.786), probably other teams had hitters parks.

I think i'll expand all OF exepct LF. I don't think i want to move Ontivaros there (3 straight gold gloves at 2B, i'm playing him only for his glove and i feel like i'm a NL team while all others are AL :D).

Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good for you but what about when your team faces the huge power guys? When you do most likely he would hit an LF HR so your gold glove wouldn't matter mate
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Remember, Range is calculated as an aggregate. So the Range of you Left Fielder doesn't matter. Rather, I would change the RF or LF wall based of the handedness, power, and FB/GB ratios of your hitters versus the other hitters in your league.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think my plan worked as expected, doubles and triples were basically the same than last year (1st in both), but we hit 35 HR more (went from 10th to 7th in the league).

Lineup was the same, no new entries besides last 20 games, but GB/FB went from 1.60 to 1.42 (still 1st in the league).

The thing who changed mostly was the home/away splits

2027 OPS Home/Away .762/.765
2028 OPS Home/Away .835/.740

2027 ERA Home/Away 3.71/4.06
2028 ERA Home/Away 4.22/3.10

Conclusion:

My plan of benefitting from a pitcher's park has failed because seems that i had built a hitter's park instead, but i clicnhed with 10 wins more than last year so i don't give a damn.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. If it works, then always take credit for the plan.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to re-do mine as soon as spring training begins. I have a lot of guys who hit better on the road for some reason, and a lot of my high-POT power guys are lefties, so I'm thinking of nearly maxing out left and center but creating a short porch with lower walls in right. Cane someone confirm my evaluation? Or not?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That makes sense to me.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It wouldn't surprise me if most teams hit better on the road. I'm not sure I'd attribute that to ballpark.

When you are on the road you always get your 9th inning ABs. When you are home, you only get those ABs if you are behind.

If the game is close (winning or losing) this doesn't make a lot of difference. You are up against a starter on his game, or the cream of the opponent's bullpen.

But if the margin is big (winning or losing) than those 9th inning ABs are likely against lesser names in your opponents bullpen. As a road team you get to pad. As a home team you often put down your bats and shake hands.

May not seem like much, but over the course of 160 games the effect can accumulate.

I'm not trying to discourage tweaking ballparks. But don't expect to find a configuration where you (consistently) do better at home.

Previous Page | Show All |