Help

Forum >> Help >> how does the waiver system work   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crazediamond

North Las Vegas Octopuses
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
I assumed that being ranked so poorly (664th) I'd have some level of waiver priority. But so far I've lost out on 5 or 6 free agents and for at least one player the team that got him was ranked like 350th.

So my question is, how is waiver priority assigned? I had hoped to get some sort of improvement out of free agency but it looks like I might as well have kept my SI 80 30+ year old players I inherited with the team last season.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat o/

There is no waiver priority in BB. You have the same chances (one in whatever the claim number ends up being) as any other owner for any players you place a claim on.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You should easily be able to improve on 30+yo with 80 SI.

I don't know what level of player you've been putting claims in for but perhaps set your sights a little lower on the claims.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The level of talent that I can have a chance of obtaining will not cut it for a team trying not to just end up back in LL VI after one year. (Me)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You underestimate the value that some of the free agents can add over the garbage players you'll start with due to bot mismanagement. Also, yes, I meant free agents not just waiver claims with tons of people bidding on them.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't aim lower, just wider. Put in lots of claims with lots of backups. If you need a catcher, put in claims on every catcher who would be an improvement. If you get multiple guys, you can always cut some at no cost after winning the waiver and they will just go back on waivers. As a rebuilding team, you should probably have something ~60 - 100 claims in this offseason. Do that and you will win some.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
My Exp with Waivers are that more players who want the player the more random it gets to the team he goes to.
Like say you are 1 of 4 player on waiver claim for player you have 25% to get him.
with 1-146 players you have like .75% or less than 1% chance to get him. Nobody has found bugs or any way to predict the "AI" Steve knows better how it works. The rest of the players only have ???GUESS??? how waivers really work. Steve says that all players have same chance at a player on waivers so the more who try to get him the harder he is to get.
crazediamond

V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks everyone for the explanations and suggestions.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you put in a LOT of claims, I'd try to keep 3-5 spots open at all times (just for this offseason). So clear space as you win improvements.

Anything under POT 11 in easily discarded, and with only a few rare exceptions, most POT 11s are very expendable as well. You can build a solid core of POT 12s at the lower levels, but you will need mostly POT 13s when you get to the upper levels of the game.

Of course you should always evaluate your players to figure out who those exceptions are, and which higher POT guys are really not going anywhere in the long run.

Updated Friday, July 1 2016 @ 5:45:34 pm PDT
crazediamond

V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks again Rock. I've been more aggressive and I think I've replaced about half my team this off season. Managed to keep my payroll about the same, so even better.

Previous Page | Show All |