Help

Forum >> Help >> lineup question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hello

i have a guy ( http://brokenbat.org/player/96784 ) that im trying to figure out where he fits in

he led my team in stolen bases but he also has the potential to get 20 hr and 100 rbi and im not sure if he should bat leadoff or go in the 3spot? could use some suggestions thank you

my only other speedster had 25 SBs i dont have anyone else right now
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
haha I wish I had problems like that!

Nice player! A monster.
Seems like he may overachieve his "good" batting tag and he has a really good OBP.
Hard to go wrong.
I think his SLG will remain the same or improve so my opinion would be 3-6 in the line-up having never seen your team.
He should have been a short stop imho but will be a great 3rd baseman too.
Good luck.

gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank u for the reply

i had him training in the minors as a SS but he was ready before i could get him there so i train him in ST at ss maybe he can get it this year :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He would be a good SS, but its going to take a while to get him trained up. I'm not sure I would spend the time... He is still a very good 3B.

Its traditional to put speedy guys up front, but its not like it hurts to have them elsewhere. With his SLG I'd keep him in the heart of the order.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
[ID #92392] my example of a speed guy who defies the normal mold. I bat him 3rd because of his consistency.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@gosupepper - Nice player! You could put him anywhere in your lineup and he'd still produce, but as he's clearly one of your best hitters (and best player) I'd put him in the 3 hole - you want your best hitters to bring other guys in when they get on base. He'll still get his SB, and if you put Hayes behind him to bat clean-up you have a really nice combo.

@Jason - That's a nice guy to have at #3. Lack of walks don't matter when he's so productive everywhere else.

Previous Page | Show All |