Help

Forum >> Help >> Noob in need of some help.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hello. I too am a newbie to this particular game and am in need of some help here. was trying to set my line up for league play. got batting order set but am having problems with defensive alignments. keep getting errors about having duplicate entries wen selecting player positions. What am i doing wrong? Also, can line ups be changed during the course of seasons or are they locked in once you have them set?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lineups can be changed at any time, and what is likely happenning is you have two guys selected to play the same position or bat in the same spot in the lineup when you try hitting the save lineup button. Pay close attention to who is selected to do what, and remember everyone who has a spot in the lineup must have a position as well (including the DH, as that is a drop down choice).
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, but I had all 9 batting positions covered with defensive equivalents. I didn't put the dh into a defensive position because there were none left!
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You must have had a duplicate position somewhere because the dh would be one of the 9 positions in place of the pitcher.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hmm, ok, don't mean to be difficult but there are only 8 fielding positions shown and 9 batting spots, and then the dh position. So can someone tell me where i'm going wrong please?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Put 9 players into the lineup in which ever order you want. Positions 1 - 9. Then assign a position for each of those players. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,LF,CF,RF,DH. You need to assign both the batting position and the fielding position for all nine players before hitting the submit button.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a problem with this when I started. Until you get used to it I'd do it like this.

1. change every box to blank.
2. put 1-9 on the players in the order you want them batting.
3. assign each a position (making sure there are no duplicates)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I frequently mess up and have to do it over, even though I've been playing for quite a few seasons. It can be annoying, but you get used to being careful after a while and it happens less often.

I'd really like to see the interface for this improved. It would be much nicer to just get some red text saying "invalid lineup" without changing the page. That way you could identify and correct your error without having to keep redoing your lineup. This would require client side error checking as opposed to server side error checking (which is how I think it probably works now). Steve could still do server side checking for stability, but client side checking would make the UI much more friendly for users.

Updated Tuesday, July 19 2016 @ 8:04:46 pm PDT
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, make sure none of your backups are in your starting lineup.

Best to first do your starting lineup, save, go back in and add the backups.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That actually doesn't cause problems (I make that mistake a lot). It just removes the backups from the backup position.

Previous Page | Show All |