Help

Forum >> Help >> Difficult DH Dilemma   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello all!

I would appreciate other people's opinions on this: I have a problem, albeit a good problem, but a problem nonetheless.

First, I present Luis Castellonas. Since I picked him up off of waivers at age 24, he has been nothing short of a spectacular DH for me. However, he did struggle a bit last season by his standards and he is fairly expensive. Of course, these factors make the decision even more difficult.

Now I present Shirō Yabuuchi. Last season during the first three rounds of the draft, while I was pulling my hair out because I cannot pull one good pitching prospect, I drafted Yubuuchi. Initially, I was extremely frustrated with his 12 POT, but a few days later when I looked at him again with a calmer demeanor I was thrilled with his build -- an almost impeccable DH. Near the end of last season, he was suggested for the majors. However, being in the middle of a pennant chase, I elected to keep him in AAA for the rest of the season. Now, at just age 24, he appears to be a budding superstar.

Here's the problem though: who do I play? Castellonas is only 29 years old, right in his prime. Despite a disappointing year last season, my gut tells me that Castellonas will turn the corner this season and have another signature .300 avg, 25-30 home run, 100+ RBI season with full playing time. However, Yubuuchi is clearly my DH of the future and needs time to develop.

Note: Neither of them will ever play in the field. Castellonas has barely any training in the outfield which is the only place I would even consider playing him, and Yubuuchi will not play anywhere in the field because he is just trash defensively.

Edit: I am trying to split time right now, but I am more asking who you would play if you could only choose one.

Anyone want to trade a 14 POT pitching prospect for Castellonas? I'm taking calls. :)

Updated Saturday, July 23 2016 @ 10:55:25 am PDT

Updated Saturday, July 23 2016 @ 10:57:10 am PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd move Van Houten into the OF and platoon one of them at 1B with Stratton I think
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Although they're both great batters, personally, I'd go with Yubuuchi. Castellonas is terrific, but I think Yubuuchi could have an even higher ceiling, given that he has less SI in defense/speed than Castellonas, both of which would be useless.

If Yubuuchi progresses quickly (and given his 9SI growth last season, I think he will progress fairly quickly), I could even see him matching Castellonas in terms of SI in just over a season.

That being said, both of them are fairly good. Like JJNZ suggested, maybe you could platoon one as a DH/1B?

Previous Page | Show All |