Help

Forum >> Help >> Still in A?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The way I believe it works is that players gain training each update while down in the minors. Since he was promoted early, he gained little training in 2023 and 2024, and no training in 2025 and 2026. Instead he gain a bunch of experience (gained in major league games). Players SI is capped by their Potential, the training they have, and the experience they have. This guy has a LOT of experience, but very little training. The minor league recommendation is mostly based on how much training (minor league experience) they have. Some guys start off with more (and thus start off at higher levels). This guy started off with very little training, and has been poorly managed for the last 4 year. This is why he is still in A, he has very little minor league training and was essentially brought through the system too fast. Its pretty much going to be impossible to get him enough training for him to reach his potential, but the good news is that he hasn't gotten the dreaded "not much room for improvement" tag. That means he can still gain some when he is eventually promoted. In order to maximize his SI gains (definitely won't hit potential), I would recommend keeping him in your minor system at least two more years.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he's as ruined as all that I might as well bring him up later this year or next abd get what I can from him in my poor pitching staff
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That is just what Rock is advising you not to do. A full year (and preferably two) in the minors at this age will at least get him somewhere close to his cap and make him a useful pitcher for 4-6 seasons. Bringing him up later this season will mean he falls well short of his cap, and he likely won't be any use to you at all (or anyone else, for that matter).

Having said that, I've just looked at your pitching staff and - OH MY EYES. That's pretty awful. But your roster as a whole could use a lot of improvement, like ditching the old guys for young guys with potential, looking for guys with at least "good hitter" in their reports, replacing EVERYONE below POT 12. It takes a lot of work/time scouting the free agent and waiver lists but over the course of a season you can completely overhaul your roster, and for the better.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, agree with Rock and amalric, getting frustrated and throwing him back in the majors now is pretty much your worst option. Your roster does need overhauling from what I've seen, and some better guys are even hanging out in free agency if you look for what amalric told you above.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't say I didn't try this past off season but couldn't find many players that had any potential to be useful (meaning can actually hit and field the ball, I don't need another DH) but the ones I could find which were scarce were either in positions that I have young guys who are good, like 1B/OF and I need 2B/SS, most of you already know I moved Giles to Catcher and I have backups in Curtis and Kramer both can also play third, or I simply couldn't win on waivers, and then pitchers I couldn't get anything at all except on or two mediocre guys but my farm system has a lot of 12 POT pitchers and one 15 POT pitcher :)

Speaking of Kramer, should I keep him back in AAA for this season as well?

Are you seriously suggesting I drop Evans despite his success as a DH because he's a POT 11 ?

Updated Tuesday, July 26 2016 @ 6:59:58 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No need to drop Evans. He is performing well at your LL. But you should always be looking for a potential upgrade on the waivers (for every position).

Different managers might give you different advice on Kramer. Personally I would give him a bit more time in AAA just because I would be afraid of him capping early right now. If you give him the rest of the year in AAA, he might get very close to his cap.

Zavala really has no chance to reach his cap, but that doesn't mean he will be useless. If his POT cap was on the high end of the range, he could still reach the low end of POT 12. If you give him some time in the minors, I don't see why he couldn't end up in the high 90s for SI.

wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
look at Queens in VI.25
Leonard Mitchell 29YO 104SI 15POT $0.20M Minors A
Good talent never seen majors.

Updated Tuesday, July 26 2016 @ 7:34:15 am PDT
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mario Bannon Same Team.

If you're not gonna play them we will, what kind of evil soul would do such a thing?!

Updated Tuesday, July 26 2016 @ 7:41:24 am PDT
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/132549 Any thoughts on this guy here. Do you see him turning into a useful 2B?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
25 year olds can definitely improve in the minors. There have been some experiments with varying success at keeping 26 year olds in the minors. You rapidly get diminishing returns. I would definitely not bother with anyone 27 or older.

Lee was drafted at 25. Which means we have no idea how he was doing training wise. I would guess that he will be fine. He probably already had most if not all his training by the time he was drafted.

I'm not sure I would recommend converting him to 2B though. He'll be 29 by the time you get him trained up to 2B. And you'll have suffered 3 years of horrible defense, for maybe 2-3 years of return. He looks decent, but I don't think he is good enough to take that kind of major league training hit. I usually try to get my guys up to at least the small letters before they hit the majors.

Previous Page | Show All |