Help

Forum >> Help >> Aquiring minor leaguers on waivers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys. Can someone please give me some advice here? I am currently building up my team from "worst to 1st" as the Braves like to say. I sold all my expensive players and started building up talented minor leaguers. I am happy with my team now, but I noticed one of the guys I brought in a few seasons ago has developed so nicely he had an allstar season and went up $1 million in salary. Now I am unsure if some of my other talented youngsters whom I claimed off waivers will also have this issue. I may end up having to drop awesome guys I have developed from minors due to salary issues. Is it worth claiming minors off waivers or should I stick to drafting players only?
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd keep drafting and waiver claiming. I think if you get a prospect who is still making $200,000, I think he will be cheaper than a propect who was not developed properly and is making $500,000 in the long run. It says in the manual that drafted players and player's on your team for a while give a discount.
I don't know your financial situation, but my payroll is twice that of yours. After this season, I'm gonna have to rebuild if I don't promote and expand my revenue.
I'd keep Ivan if I was you.

Previous Page | Show All |