Help

Forum >> Help >> Help!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So heading into tomorrow's cup games, my team is 4 games over .500 in all official games, yet I am scoring almost 95 more runs than my opponents. I am also doing MISERABLE in one run games.

Any ideas to 'fix' this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Did you remember your poultry sacrifice to the baseball gods?

That is my secret to winning 1 run games. I am doing much better than you (4-12), so you should probably listen to my advice ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
But seriously, sometimes you just get a run of bad luck. And really 43 games isn't a huge sample size.

EXWL isn't perfect because it doesn't take into account your current record, but it does give you an indication of what to expect over the long haul. Just keep playing your game, and cross your fingers for a bit of average luck to carry you through. You "should" come in at least 4th if you continue to play at that level (and you don't continue to have bad luck).

Long and short, just say no to bad luck.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the other side of what Rock is saying comes in when you look at those big wins from the other perspective, that of losing. I lost to Topeka in a game last week 17-2. That one game is a major blotch on my RD due to the fact that my best hitter this season was out, my starter and every subsequent pitcher was hammered, and I ultimately ran out of rested pitchers. If you exclude that one game the RDs in the East look a lot different.

Point is, bad luck can work in multiple ways, whether it be falling short in one run games, or getting massacred in one game to destroy a RD. As Rock pointed out, we are less than a third of the way through the season, if there are no glaring problems with your team (i.e. batters not hitting, pitchers not getting outs, etc.), then it is likely bad luck that should even out.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The only thing I see is your closer has a plus 6 era. That can lead to a lot of close losses if he doesn't pic'k it up. I don't think you'll stay in 5th place.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
(never mind)

Updated Friday, August 5 2016 @ 3:42:16 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I had the same issue in IV.4 last season, 14-30 in 1-run games which saw me demoted by just one win. I tried all year but although I sorted my closer issue with Tanaka that only helped part of the equation. My team would often do things like nearly come back from 4 runs behind by scoring 3 to get within 1, and obviously a closer doesn't get you there, but we just couldn't get over the hump so many times. And that was with a good hitting lineup.

But you can;t legislate for losing your last 8 home games like I did, when you were just over .500 at home to that point. Or having youngsters on other teams who were only in for experience shell your vet pitchers or suffocate your vet hitters' bats. Sometimes its just the game and how it works, and you have to suck it up (like I did!).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its a valid point about the closer. Although I have one of the best closers in Legends, and I still have a horrible 1-run record.

Previous Page | Show All |