Help

Forum >> Help >> Behind I'm Development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Recently got sent up to A at 21, SI 37, potential 12. Why is he not developing as much, why was he drafted at 20 with such little SI anyway? I'm willing to be patient if I can be sure that he'll be any good as his potential and positive report.

http://brokenbat.org/player/130260/S
Updated Saturday, August 6 2016 @ 7:29:26 am PDT

Updated Saturday, August 6 2016 @ 7:30:18 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There are lots of players like this. Particularly from the Latin and International pools. Its part of the game to evaluate all aspects of a player and determine if he is worth developing. It can be hard to judge when you first start playing, but you will develop an eye for it.

Orellana SI development has been fine this year. He is up 3 points only 1/4 through the season. However he is starting very low, and he did just promote to A. This is common for Latin players, but fair warning, a lot of Latin guys never reach their potential. You'll just have to keep a close eye. If he goes up another 4-5 points in SI this season, he will probably be ok in that arena. The other thing to watch is his progression through the minors. If he doesn't get to AA before he is 23, then you could have issues. Be prepared to leave him in AAA for an extra year when he turns 25 (despite the AI's recommendation).

EDIT: He still could work out if he gets to AA halfway through his 23 year old season, but you'll definitely need to leave him in AAA at 25 in that case.

Updated Saturday, August 6 2016 @ 7:45:23 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |