Help

Forum >> Help >> minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Finally got my minors built up thru draft and waiver pick-ups. I'm about 1 month into the game. Got a solid team in 2nd place right now. Done some weeding out there as well.

Question is how do I manage my minors now that I have it built up. Do I cut ties immediately with draft picks like Cameron and Dyer at pitcher? Or do I give them a few years? Pitching is my weakest point right now for current and future. Need to build it up via waivers and draft somehow.

Any advice welcome on who to keep/cut/ect.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cameron would be a cut for two reasons: 1) 11 potential pitchers really can't gain enough skills to compete well in the majors and there are better 12 potential pitchers available, 2) given the "pop" fastball and the "major league" curve, he isn't going to have an elite pitching skill (17+ in velocity, CoS, or movement) with that low a potential.

Dyer would also be cut for reason number 1, though the "strikeout" fastball could make him serviceable if a better replacement can't be found.

Generally, you'll want 12 potential or above in pitchers with at least one pitching skill having the potential to reach 17+ and no negative control message. This means either: strikeout fastball, unhittable fastball, exceptional slider/curve, major league slider/curve (borderline to me), or a good potential that lacks velocity and movement who still has low fielding skills (as this will become a great CoS pitcher).

Edit: I'd start my cuts with Iwase, as his 9 potential has him maxing out between 71-79 SI with a lot tied up in fielding, meaning he will be terrible.

Updated Tuesday, August 30 2016 @ 8:54:45 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Took a quick look at your major league roster, and I'd actually say the overhaul for pitching in particular shouldn't be finished yet. You have a couple of guys who are worse than what you could find in free agency. The deadline for waivers and free agent signings for this season is at 5pm EST today (or 2pm server time). You may have to wait for the off-season to continue the building, but even if you promote this season your pitching will get smashed in LL V as currently constituted. This isn't meant to be derogatory, only preparing you so you don't go into a possible promotion with a false sense of expectations.
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah, I realize pitching has a lot of work to do. Just by stats alone this season. I just haven't been able to get any good pitchers off waivers yet. I know that's my weakness and will focus on it this offseason and next seasons draft.

I'll scour FA today see if I can pick some up before end of today as well.

Previous Page | Show All |