Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Who would you play in CF? Negrete or Tyler
http://brokenbat.org/player/94211
or
http://brokenbat.org/player/82874
I have been playing Negrete for the last 18 games and I am 6-12 since he started (I took out Tyler) including 9losses in a row... but he has been hitting up a storm.
I was going to keep him as my main CF for next year.

Am I missing something or is this just a coincidence?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is the defense much worse (i.e. more errors and/or more runs given up per game)? Otherwise I'd say coincidence in a small sample size. Actually, it's still a small sample size, but when looking at whether a player is an upgrade defense is useful to look at as well.
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Infield errors are up... Negrete hasn't had an error in CF.
There are more runs given up per game.
Tyler provided 16 fielding with the other 2 OF at 8 or under...with Negrete I have 3 OF at 8 or under. He has 2 more range and so far to have a much better bat.
Does fielding only effect errors or opposition hits as well?
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd play Negrete, he's good enough in defence and better in offense. Tyler should have been a shortstop, but at 30 there is not much sanity in repositioning him.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I repositioned Doyle at 2B at 30, it really depends on how good he is and whether you have a better prospect at the position, also you don't want to do more than one at the same time.

Given we know that hit/out is determined by the engine before where it goes, but we don't know whether errors are determined before or after where the ball goes I can't answer whether the increase in infield errors is related to the sharp decrease in fielding in CF.

It is a small sample size, so really it depends whether testing the new guy could cost you promotion or demotion.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Range is far more important in the OF than Fielding. And Negrete is a significantly better batter. I would definitely stick with Negrete in CF.

I don't believe fielding is calculated as an aggregate the same way as Range. But even if it is, your OFs are going to have very minimal impact on that aggregate as they would have an extremely small weighting.

Updated Friday, September 2 2016 @ 8:33:51 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd actually move Temple to CF, if you're planning for the future. As a 24-yo 14 POT with 16 Range & Arm he has everything you need in CF. Negrete and Tyler will only give you a couple of seasons anyway.

You actually have too many batters I'd say, now that Figueroa has gotten the call, even though he would have fit much better at 3B. Time for some difficult cuts? :)
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys.... yes very painful cuts are coming. I'm not looking forward to it.
Temple, Negrete and Buchanan (hoping he gets his potential) were to be my OF as Perkins and Acosta are getting a bit old -sad day that will be.... and I have a couple of young guys that just don't fit with my large ballpark.
I will keep Negrete for a while -love the range and bat....if I lose a bunch more I will change back as I will likely then be fighting to say in LLV.

Previous Page | Show All |