Help

Forum >> Help >> Newbie Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
karate

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hello again everyone. Yes, in answer to your question, a screenreader is indeed a text to speach application that lets us use our computer the same as our sighted counterparts would do. And yes it does orient the text on the screen from top to bottom. So there is no left hand side of the screen or up here on the upper right corner Etc, it's just up and down since we only use our arrow keys and not the mouse. So hopefully that'll answer your question, and yes I do see how the training has check boxes on the training page. Do I need to focus on anything in particular or do I just leave the stuff alone and let these guys improve naturally. I've got some guys that are in the minor leagues that should probably be promoted upward since it says for a few of them that they've learned all they can at this level of competition. So how will I go about promoting them and could you possibly have a look at my team to help me figure out which guys to keep and which ones to get rid of? thanks so much and I think this'll be a really fun game just as soon as I can figure everything out. Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@karate

First thing. That is a talent poor/low skill team both majors and minors but that doesn't mean you can't start out working with those guys. As a matter of fact, you must start out working with the guys you have and you can slowly improve through waivers and draft.

Second, you can change assignments by going to either roster or minors and there is a "reassign players" button at the bottom of the page.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
To elaborate what Tiger said, if you click on your roster page:
http://brokenbat.org/roster/708
There is a button that says "Reassign Players." That will take you to a page where you can move players around.

The second to last entry in a row is the recommended level where your player will get the most training. The last entry is a drop-down menu where you can move the players to different level. After you change it, click on the update button at the bottom of the page.

The computer automatically recommends everyone for the majors for players who are 25 and older, so you have to use your judgement then.

Remember to draft a player for this week. There is a button next to reassigned players on the roster page.

I hope all the mentioning of where buttons are is not too redundant for you.

The potential, or POT, tells you the range of the total skill values, or SI, when your players are fully developed. Potentials range from 7 to 16. Usually a player needs at least 11 in potential to be useful. This is why Tiger said that your team lacks talent.

You have two 15-potential young players that are superstars in the making though. I have to say that I am extremely jealous because I have none on my own team. Ivanov and White both have the "over-matched" message, this means that they will not receive the maximum amount of training the they could be, which may result in them not reaching their full potential.

Since you are not contending in your league, I would send them down to their recommended level so that they can develop some more, and save you salary next season because they will not be getting so many at bats or innings. This is just my personal preferences though, and I'm sure there are others who would just keep them up.

Welcome to Broken Bat!
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just registered today, but I have been not assigned a team.

How long do I wait to be assigned a club? Is it automatic, do I have to find a team to manage?

Thanks for the help!

Tex
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Mail Steve(admin)..he'll set you up.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When can you fire and hire managers? Is it during the off season?

Thanks in advance for he help. This game is going to be great long-term; it is just like a soccer manager game called Trophy Manager that I have played for years. A very realistic ME with dedicated managers who will make it hard to climb up the ranks.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat. There is no mechanism for firing a current manager. If you click the "New Managers" link in the left-hand menu and you find one you like, just click the "Hire" button and your old manager will automatically be fired. I imagine Steve chose this particular set-up to avoid having teams with no manager.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got it. Thank you!
karate

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hello again everyone. Thanks a lot for the help, and I'll look for some guys to draft each week. So that's each week real time, not game time. That is, one week in real life is one week in the game's time as well, which is really cool if that's the case. That's realistic in my book. I'll look and see if I can find where my players should be to get the most training. If I have any more questions I'll come back here and ask and I'll keep you posted as to my progress.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Each day in real life is one series in game time, so more like half a week. You can draft a player once a real life week, on Fridays. The Friday after the rollover (a couple weeks away) is the only Friday there aren't new players available to draft. You can draft any day during the week, but you will lose your pick if you don't draft before the next Friday. It has been pointed out that there is a slight advantage to drafting earlier in the week since everyone drafts from the same pool, and the talent in the pool decreases as people draft players.

Previous Page | Show All |